Funding brief: The Secretariat for the Satoyama Development Mechanism (SDM) is pleased to announce that the call is now open for proposals for SDM 2019 projects. SDM is one of the collaborative activities of the International Partnership for Satoyama Initiative, established jointly by the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES), the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) and the Ministry of the Environment of Japan (MOEJ) as a financing mechanism to facilitate the implementation of activities under the International Partnership for the Satoyama Initiative (IPSI).
Prioritization criteria: In addition to the assessment on individual project proposals against the prioritization criteria as listed below for final selection.
● Facilitating IPSI Collaborative activities
● Priority will be given to collaborative activities that have already been endorsed under the framework of IPSI, or to proposals that will lead to the formulation of new collaborative activities.
● Consideration for geographical and thematic balance
● The geographical balance of project sites and implementing organization locations will be taken into consideration in the selection of recipients.
● Priority may be given to projects targeting underrepresented regions, sectors, IPSI clusters, and any other issues worth highlighting through the SDM.
● The distribution of the types of projects described under the scope of the SDM may be taken into account in the selection of recipients.
● Consideration for wide distribution of funding to IPSI members
● Priority will be given to project proposals from applicants who have not been previously selected as recipients of the SDM funding.
● Consideration for important funding needs
● Priority will be given to project proposals that have demonstrated a strong need for support from the SDM.
● Consideration of innovativeness
● Priority will be given to project proposals that have demonstrated innovativeness by addressing critical needs of local communities and/or issues of international concerns through alternative, unique or other novel approaches.
Donor Name: Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: The deadline for applications is Saturday 27th, July, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The upper limit of the grant for one organisation is ten thousand (10,000) US dollars.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Project period: up to 12 months
Eligible organization: As below
● The applicant is an approved member of the IPSI at the date of submission of the project proposal.
● The applicant has agreed to act as focal point of the proposed project to be contacted by the SDM Secretariat, if the proposal is jointly submitted by multiple IPSI members.
● The applicant has demonstrated sufficient institutional capability to implement the proposed project.
● The applicant has demonstrated sufficient English proficiency to deliver a good project report.
● The applicant is not a member of either the Advisory Group or the Executive Board of SDM.
● Any applicant that makes an unequivocally false presentation of him/herself or his/her organization will be excluded from the SDM.
Eligible Country: Priority will be given to developing countries to support their community-driven activities, but developed countries shall not be excluded
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Proposal Form (Form): Click to view
● Examples for filling the Proposal Format: Click to view
● About: Click to view
● Final Evaluation Report Format: Click to view
● Definition of Terms: Click to view
● IPSI Case Study Summary Sheet template: Click to view
How to apply: Applications submitted to- firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh