Funding brief: The International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) — comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research in Karachi, Pakistan — and TWAS offer fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in chemical and biological sciences.
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
Donor Name: The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and The International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS)
Funding name: TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
Deadline: 15th, July, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Up to 4 years
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
● Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
● Hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
● Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
● Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
● Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
● Be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample);
● Provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of department at ICCBS. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters;
● Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
● Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
● Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
● Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Eligible Country: Developing countries in the South
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape erde, Central African Rep.,Chad, Chile, China, Taiwan, China, Colombia, Comoros,Congo, Dem. ep.,Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominican Rep.,Ecuador, Egypt, El alvador, Eritrea, Eswatini, Kingdom of Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Equatorial, Guinea-issau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Isl. Rep.,Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States of,Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip), Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe,Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles , Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe,
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection
● Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
● Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh