Funding brief: The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) is pleased to announce a call for nominations for its second annual Mountain Prize, awarded to an individual or organization in recognition of their significant efforts to advance the mountain cause in the Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) region through innovations in their different capacities.
Nominations will be accepted for those individuals, organizations, or companies that have brought about transformative change in the HKH. Particularly, nominations for individuals or organizations with achievements in any of the following fields are encouraged:
● Access to water for drinking and other productive purposes or/and sanitation
● Sustainable production systems for food/nutrition security and income
● Climate change adaptation or/and disaster risk reduction
● Access to cleaner energy
● Information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D)
● Promotion of economic/income generating opportunity or/and investment
● Policy advocacy
● Mountain ecosystems/biodiversity management
Criteria: The panel will pick the winner and honorable mentions based on the following criteria:
● Demonstrable impact
● Degree of importance given to gender equity and social inclusion (GESI)
● Scalability/sustainability in the mountain context
● Substantial weight is given to works that address complex problem(s) in an innovative/ingenious manner.
Donor Name: The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
Funding name: ICIMOD Mountain Prize 2019
Deadline: The period of nomination is 5th, June, 2019 – 31st, August, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Not fund
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Any individual, organization, or private sector entity that has done outstanding work in the field of sustainable and resilient mountain development in the HKH is eligible for the prize and can be nominated (hereafter referred to as “nominee”).
● The nominee must have made a demonstrable impact in one or more work areas such as access to water and sanitation, clean energy, climate change adaptation, biodiversity conservation, disaster risk reduction, and livelihoods/income generation in the HKH.
● Any individual can nominate any other individual, organization, or private sector entity that meets the eligibility criteria outlined above, including his/her own organization or company, for the prize. They expect the said individual (hereafter referred to as “nominator”) to be very familiar with the work of the nominee. It is imperative that the nominee’s consent (head of the entity in case of an organization or company) is received before nomination.
● Self-nomination (nominating oneself for the prize) is not permitted. However, if you would like to be considered for the prize as an individual, you can have someone who closely knows you and your work nominate you.
● The nominator may nominate only once.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh