Funding brief: The Stockholm Water Prize recognizes women, men and organizations who have made outstanding contributions to the sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources.
Since its inception in 1991, the prize has been selected by the Stockholm Water Prize Nominating Committee from a pool of professionals nominated by their peers. They welcome nominations from all parts of the world and strongly encourage the nomination of female candidates. Stockholm Water Prize Laureates have also represented a broad range of water-related activities, professions and scientific disciplines from all over the world.
A candidate for the Stockholm Water Prize shall have attained outstanding achievements of lasting significance for sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources. The results achieved by the candidate shall have proven impact or great potential and provide stimulation for further important contributions to the conservation and protection of water resources and to improved health and well-being of the planet’s inhabitants and ecosystems. The main achievements of the candidate should be within one or both of the following categories:
Policy and Practices
This broad category covers achievements in the continuum from political initiatives to practical implementation that has improved the governance and management of water, as a natural and economic resource and/or as a human right and basic service. The category includes:
● Human rights, conflict resolution, influence on policies, international cooperation with application in the water sector
● Sustainable and safe management of water resources
● Provision of water supply and sanitation services
● Development and application of appropriate technologies
This category includes both basic and applied research to develop new knowledge of and scientific leadership in:
● Natural, physical, and/or technological processes
● The functioning of complex systems
● Development or improvement of economical, legislative, institutional or administrative principles for efficient, equitable and sustainable water management and service provision.
● For both categories, great achievements in outreach and awareness raising are considered merits. This includes education and training of students, water professionals or communities as well as dissemination of information to and awareness raising of decision-makers and the general public.
● Anyone can submit a nomination for the Stockholm Water Prize, however self-nominations or nominations by persons with direct professional or family ties to the candidate are not permitted. The initial nomination begins by submitting the name of the nominee along with a brief (500 words max.) statement of accomplishment.
Donor Name: The Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI)
Funding name: The Stockholm Water Prize
Deadline: Nominate your prize candidate for 2020 (nomination period is open until 30th, September, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Not found
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Nominations are welcome from everyone! However, self-nominations or nominations by persons with direct professional or family ties to the candidate are not allowed.
● Any woman, man or organization that have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and protection of the world’s water resources and to improved health of the planet’s inhabitants and ecosystems, may be nominated. The achievements can be within the fields of science, technology, education, public policy, or practice related to sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources. The work of the candidate should have proven impact and/or great potential. Over the years, the Stockholm Water Prize Laureates have represented regions from all over the world and a broad range of water-related activities, professions and scientific disciplines.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● All nominations must be submitted in English
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh