Funding brief: Seeding Labs seeks applications from universities and research institutes in low- and middle-income countries for Instrumental Access, a program that provides high-quality scientific equipment for research and education at an affordable price.
Participation in Instrumental Access is economical, but it is not free. Awardees must pay a fee that is adjusted to the income level of their country:
Lower-Income Bracket: $27,800
Angola, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Higher-Income Bracket: $35,100
Albania, Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Ecuador, Fiji, Gabon, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Namibia, Nauru, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Romania, Samoa, Serbia, Seychelles, South Africa, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uruguay
Donor Name: Seeding Labs
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: 30th, August, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Awardees should budget for the following costs in addition to the program fee:
● Any costs associated with the customs clearance process (e.g. pre-inspection costs, clearing agent fees, any applicable duties and taxes);
● Transportation of the equipment from the port of entry (an ocean port) to the university;
● Electrical adapters, transformers, frequency converters, and any other items or services required to make the equipment compatible with your available power supply (many items in our inventory are configured for 120V/60Hz);
● All costs associated with installation, calibration, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment on an ongoing basis;
● Any additional software, accessories, components, reagents, etc. that are required for use of the items you select but not included in the donation (more information about what is and isn’t included with each item will be available when you select equipment so that you can take this into account);
● Any wire fees, banking fees, or other costs associated with payment of the program fee in US dollars.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: In order to apply, you must be all of the following:
● An academic department (or equivalent sub-unit) at a degree-granting institution of higher education OR a university-affiliated research institute OR a public research institute that is actively engaged in research training as well as research.
● They prefer to partner at the level of the academic department, but applications from other university or research institute sub-units (e.g., a central lab facility, a school or college, multiple departments) will be considered for eligibility on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to be considered, please contact us with an explanation of your rationale to obtain pre-approval before applying.
● Regarding academic discipline, there are no specific requirements, but your application will not be successful unless your needs for equipment are a good fit for what Seeding Labs can supply. Our inventory includes equipment most appropriate for use in biology and chemistry laboratories.
Eligible Country: In order to apply, you must be located in one of the following eligible countries: Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Bhutan, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Republic of Congo, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh