Funding brief: The Leakey Foundation exclusively funds research related to human origins. Priority of funding is commonly given to exploratory phases of promising new research projects that meet the stated purpose of the Foundation.
Please consider the following if you are thinking of applying for a Leakey Foundation Research Grant:
● Is my research relevant to human origins and evolution?
For PhD candidates:
Will I be advanced to candidacy (all but dissertation) before the deadline for application?
Am I affiliated with an academic or research institution?
They do not award funds to individuals.
Am I fully compliant on all prior Leakey Foundation awards?
Donor Name: The Leakey Foundation
Funding name: Research Grants
Deadline: The deadlines for research grant applications are January, 10th and July, 15th. All submissions and resubmissions are due on this date.
Funding details link: Click to view
● The majority of The Leakey Foundation’s Research Grants awarded to doctoral students are in the $3,000-$15,000 range.
● Larger grants given to senior scientists and post-doctoral researchers may be funded up to $25,000.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Advanced doctoral students (advanced to candidacy – all but dissertation) and established scientists are eligible for Leakey Foundation Research Grants.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: Click to view
● Guideline: Click to view
● Proposal Form (Budget) Click to view
● Application Guidelines and Checklist: Click to view
● Tips for Funding: Click to view
● Sample Budget: Click to view
● Sample Budget Justification: Click to view
● About: Click to view
● FAQ: Click to view
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Please use the detailed application instructions as well as the application guidelines and FAQs to prepare the attachments that you will upload to your new application. Then use the links on this page to apply online.
● Foreign Applicants: Application forms must be completed in English. Provide English translations of any letters of permission or other attachments in another language.
● There are no citizenship restrictions; however, all applications must be written in English.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh