Funding brief: USAID is interested in identifying opportunities for co-creation, co-design, co-investment and collaboration to advance knowledge and practice for locally led development. These solutions may include applied research and development interventions to address gaps in knowledge and practice, and designing and testing new approaches relevant to USAID and other donors. Applicants should also consider how their approaches might incorporate gender equality and women’s empowerment or support indigenous or marginalized communities.
E3/LS has identified five areas of interest and relevant guiding questions with regard to locally led development. Organizations may submit more than one Expression of Interest – but each Expression of Interest should clearly address only one of the five areas of focus below. The questions provided under each topic are illustrative; organizations submitting Expressions of Interest may speak to related matters as relevant.
● Engaging the local private sector
● Conflict, post-conflict, and non-permissive environments (NPE)
● Effective Partnerships
● The Changing Role of the Donor
● Local Giving, Philanthropy, and Other Private Resources
Criteria: The following criteria will be applied to all Expressions of Interest:
● Idea/Approach: Soundness of your idea/approach, including appropriate evidence, to fostering systems that address challenges and harness opportunities. USAID will focus on how the applicant contributes fresh, informed, and realistic thinking, and how the applicant uses knowledge and practice of locally led development one or more of the five thematic areas identified in the
Solutions Sought section. USAID seeks demonstrated technical expertise and capability in the solution domains addressed in their expression of interest, and the ability to effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including USAID, to achieve results that are meaningful to local actors and communities. Equally important are the unique qualities that the applicant would bring to the discussion.
● Partnership expectations and value: Strengths of your organization as a partner, including your ability to make a unique contribution to the critical development challenge. USAID seeks the ability to connect disparate communities, i.e. academia, private sector, civil society, as well as connecting with experts in nontraditional and diverse sectors. Please provide specific examples of collaboration or co-creation with other parties or partners.
● Diversity of perspectives and capabilities: USAID seeks to bring together a diverse set of co-creators in collaboration in order to enable broader thinking and innovation, which may include organizations and entities with which USAID does not typically partner. Additionally, USAID values experience implementing adaptive and/or iterative activities, managing successful peer-to-peer networks, and catalyzing new ideas effectively. The selection of individual applicants will be made with the goal of achieving this diversity.
● Impact and goals of the activities: Describe the intended outcomes and goals of the concept and how they relate to USAID’s policies and objectives. Indicate how your concept addresses USAID priorities for inclusive development (gender equality and women’s empowerment, indigenous rights, disability inclusion, addressing power imbalances with marginalized communities) as appropriate.
USAID is not obligated to issue financial instruments or awards as a result of this Addendum.
If E3/LS issues an award or awards as a result of this Addendum and the co-creation process, the Office anticipates that the majority of funds potentially available could only be awarded to organizations that have received less than $5 million over the last five years as a prime awardee from USAID. Sub-awardees under any potential awards from E3/LS are not subject to this restriction.
Donor Name: USAID
Funding name: No specific fund name
Funding Opportunity Number: BAA-OAA-LLDI-2019-ADDENDUM01
Funding Opportunity Title: New Directions in Advancing Locally Led Development
Deadline: Please submit your expression of interest no later than 11:59pm EDT on Friday, 12th, July, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Not Found
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Organizations may submit more than one Expression of Interest – but each Expression of Interest should clearly address only one of the five areas of focus.
● Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled “Additional Information on Eligibility”
● Additional Information on Eligibility: All U.S. and Non-U.S. organizations, businesses, institutions, individuals and groups.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: LLD-BAA@usaid.gov
Other important link:
● Journey to self-reliance: Click to view
How to apply: Please submit your expression of interest in English to LLD-BAA@usaid.gov.
Expression of Interest Information must:
● Be in English
● Be no more than two (2) pages in length – and no smaller than 12 point font;
● Be submitted electronically to LLD-BAA@usaid.gov;
● Contain a header with the following information (included in the page count):
● Respondent Name/Group;
● Contact Information;
● Response Title;
● BAA Addendum Name/Number;
● Addendum Area of Focus
● Optional graphic that fits on an 8.5”x11” or A4 piece of paper (included in the page limit);
● Be in .pdf, .docx, or .odf format;
● Include a footer with page numbers;
● Describe your organization’s idea/approach.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh