Funding brief: Indian National Science Academy, a premier scientific organization in India representing all branches of Science and Technology, has instituted the INSAJRD TATA FELLOWSHIP administered by CICS (Formerly CCSTDS) in honour of the late JRD Tata, visionary and a leading industrialist. The purpose of this Fellowship is to extend facilities of the advanced scientific infrastructure and expertise of India to scientists and researchers of developing countries. The Fellowship established from an Endowment received from Sir Dorabji Tata Trust will foster advanced research training of scientists from the developing world and promote south-south co-operation.
Donor Name: Indian National Science Academy (INSA)
Funding name: INSA-JRD Tata Fellowship
Deadline: The last date for receipt of the applications are 30th, April and 31st, October in a calendar year.
Funding details link: Click to view
● The Fellowship provides an opportunity for young scientists, teachers and researchers from the developing countries all over the world to undertake research studies in India. It covers short-term, participatory research studies in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at the Indian Centres of Excellence. The Fellowship awardees are provided considerable freedom in availing the opportunity and formulating the contents of their research work in India. The awardees may either correspond with the host institute and opt to work there if offered placement or seek the assistance of CICS for placement.
● About 10 Fellowships are provided annually. The Fellowship Applications will be scrutinized twice a year in May and November by a selection committee. The Fellowship covers return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India, boarding and lodging at the affiliated institution/s, and an adequate allowance in Indian currency to cover incidental expenses. The maximum period of award will be for three months.
● The awardees are allowed to choose a fellowship period mutually convenient to them and the host institute.
● On successful completion of the program, the awardees are required to submit a brief report to the centre and participate in subsequent feedback requirements on the usefulness of the program in their home country.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The maximum period of award will be for three months.
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicant (other than Indian) possessing Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/ Medicine and allied disciplines, below 45 years of age affiliated to a scientific or academic institution in a developing country (Other than India).
● Applicant must possess a valid passport.
● Applications should be forwarded by an appropriate authority.
● Selected candidates must obtain permission/leave from their parent institutions.
● Selected candidates must obtain Indian Visa for the proposed period of research upon advice from CICS.
Eligible Country: Developing country (Other than India).
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Completed application should be submitted to Honorary Director, CICS, No. 2, Gandhi Mandapam Road, Chennai-600 025, India.
● List of enclosures to accompany the application:-
A detailed curriculum vitae containing the date of birth & age, applicant’s research interest and experience, publications (only those in referred journals), present position, scientific affiliations, awards and scholarships etc.
A brief write-up describing the proposed research work.
Two passport size photographs.
Copy of degree certificate for highest qualification. e) A letter of consent from Parent Institution
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh