Funding brief: If you are a health care professional specialized in pediatric oncology, with a project aiming at giving all children with cancer, wherever they live in the world, the same opportunity to get well again, this is your chance!
My Child Matters programme was initiated by the Sanofi Espoir Foundation in December 2005 in order to fight childhood cancer and reduce health inequalities worldwide. Collaborations with engaged partners in low- and middle-income countries and international stakeholders constitute the strength of My Child Matters.
Since the beginning, this programme has supported 58 pediatric oncology projects in 42 developing countries worldwide (Africa, Asia and Latin America). To date, more than 85 000 children benefited from My Child Matters and 25 000 health care professionals were trained.
Beyond funding, My Child Matters also provides full support by mentoring, training sessions and sharing best practices. Scientific communications are also encouraged.
The Sanofi Espoir Foundation is pleased to announce the call for new 3-Year project proposals for My Child Matters Grant Awards 2019-2021.
Criteria: To be considered eligible for support by the Sanofi Espoir Foundation, your project must align with MCM’s mission.
Your project aims at reducing inequalities in childhood cancer care and outcomes for children residing in LMICs.
Your project aims at building local capabilities for childhood cancer care and improves local healthcare standards by addressing one or more of the following broad categories:
● Creating or supporting use of pediatric cancer registries
● Raising awareness of childhood cancer and cancer prevention
● Improving early diagnosis and access to care
● Educating / training healthcare professionals
● Making improvements to healthcare infrastructure, with an emphasis on improvement that will have an impact on childhood cancer treatment outcomes
● Providing psychosocial support
● Providing a universally acceptable standard of care for curative treatment, pain control and palliative care
● Reducing treatment abandonment rates
● Your project proposal should address local or regional needs and fall within the context of ground realities in your region. It should aim to influence a broad patient population, rather than focusing on the needs of a few, and should rely on locally available and appropriately trained team members to build and carry out each objective.
● Your project must have other sources of funding. A minimum of 10% co-funding is compulsory for MCM supported projects.
● Use of grant funds primarily for salaries (EXCEPT when specifically pre-approved for this purpose, based on justified need). When used for this purpose, salaries and stipends must form less than 50% of the total grant amount and MUST gradually be absorbed by an alternate source of funding as the project progresses.
Objectives that focus on building or rehabilitating a physical structure or purchasing equipment
● Actions contrary to the ethical principles of the Foundation and to human rights in general, especially those that involve any form of religious propaganda or preaching.
Donor Name: Sanofi Espoir Foundation
Funding name: My Child Matters grant award 2019-2021
Deadline: December, 17th, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Your project must have other sources of funding. A minimum of 10% co-funding is compulsory for MCM supported projects.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The Sanofi Espoir Foundation is pleased to announce the call for new 3-Year project proposals for My Child Matters Grant Awards 2019-2021.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The organization receiving the funding must be an existing institution, NGO or non-profit. Not necessarily directly involved in the project. A due diligence will be made. No funds will be transferred to hospitals, private clinics or individuals.
● Outside the healthcare field
● Use of grant funds for clinical trials
● Use of grant funds for procurement of any kind of medication /drugs
Eligible Country: Collaborations with engaged partners in low- and middle-income countries and international stakeholders constitute the strength of My Child Matters.
Submission mail: FondationSanofiEspoir@sanofi.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: Click to view
● Proposal Form (Form-Concept): Click to view
● Proposal Form (Form-Proposal): Click to view
● Proposal Form (Form-Budget): Click to view
● Proposal Form (Timeline): Click to view
● About: Click to view
● Be aware that the entire process is in English only, as is the management of the programme.
Your project plan MUST include:
● An action plan, built into the project proposal. The findings / result will form the most important component of your project’s measurable progress.
● An advocacy plan for gathering local support for your project from private, government, or non- government organizations in an effort to ensure sustainability after end of MCM’s 3-year grant support.
● An effort to develop strategic partnerships with professional institutions / organizations, and/or healthcare facilities in your country or region, to help magnify the impact of your project through mutual cooperation and sharing of resources, expertise, and knowledge.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh