Funding brief: The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is currently accepting applications for its summer 2019 Science Communication Fellowship. The fellowship starts on 27th, May and ends on 30th, August. The fellowship covers the cost of travel to and from Vienna and the awardee’s home country at the beginning and end of the fellowship, as well as a modest stipend to offset living expenses during the period of the fellowship.
The science communication fellow will gain experience in communicating complex systems science for a general audience through a variety of platforms including blogs, website content, video, and articles for our magazine, Options. The successful candidate will work in the IIASA Communications Department, assisting with a variety of tasks including editorial work, web publishing, media relations, event coverage, multimedia, social media, and other communication activities. The fellow will also work closely with participants in the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP), producing several pieces of work covering research from the program.
Donor Name: International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Funding name: The summer 2019 Science Communication Fellowship
Deadline: The application deadline is 11th, January, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The stipend is 4,000 EUR for the three months. IIASA does not provide housing or additional funding for housing.
Project start date: 27th, May
Project duration: The fellowship starts on 27th, May and ends on 30th, August.
Eligible organization: As below
● A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science or journalism, and/or current student or graduate of a science journalism program.
● Applicants from all countries are welcome, but IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization. They encourage applications from developing countries.
● Experience in writing about science for the general public via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets.
● Written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
● Experience with or interest in social media, video, photography, or other multimedia is a plus.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● About: Click to view
How to apply: To apply, please email the following documents to Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources Department, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis at email@example.com
● Cover Letter
● One writing sample of no more than 800 words (longer texts will not be considered) about a scientific topic and aimed at a general audience (e.g., article for a newspaper or magazine, blog post, or op-ed)
● A letter of recommendation
● Incomplete applications or applications received with written samples exceeding 800 words will not be considered.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh