Funding brief: The Colorado Prize for Poetry is an international poetry book manuscript contest established in 1995.
The Colorado Prize for Poetry adheres to the following Contest Code of Ethics, as adopted by the Council of Literary Presses and Magazines, of which the Center for Literary Publishing is a longtime member: “CLMP’s community of independent literary publishers believes that ethical contests serve our shared goal: to connect writers and readers by publishing exceptional writing. They believe that intent to act ethically, clarity of guidelines, and transparency of process form the foundation of an ethical contest. To that end, they agree to-
1) Conduct our contests as ethically as possible and to address any unethical behavior on the part of our readers, judges, or editors;
2) To provide clear and specific contest guidelines — defining conflict of interest for all parties involved; and
3) To make the mechanics of our selection process available to the public. This Code recognizes that different contest models produce different results, but that each model can be run ethically.
They have adopted this Code to reinforce our integrity and dedication as a publishing community and to ensure that our contests contribute to a vibrant literary heritage.”
Donor Name: Colorado State University, Center for Literary Publishing
Funding name: Colorado Prize for Poetry
Deadline: Manuscripts will be accepted between October, 1st, 2018, and the postmark deadline of January, 14th, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Each year’s prizewinner receives a $2,000 honorarium and publication of his or her book by the Center for Literary Publishing.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Friends and students (current & former) of the final judge are not eligible to compete, nor are Colorado State University employees, students, and alumni.
● Manuscripts must be at least 48 pages but no more than 100 pages.
● Manuscripts may consist of poems that have been published, but the manuscript as a whole must be unpublished (this includes self-publishing).
● In your cover letter, please tell us the manuscript title, your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number. You may supply a bio note here, if you wish, but it is not required. Your name should NOT appear anywhere else in the manuscript.
● Please do not include acknowledgments/publication credits of individual poems.
● Manuscripts may be double- or single-spaced.
● You may enter more than one manuscript. Each manuscript requires the $28 entry fee. If you’d like the additional subscriptions sent to someone other than yourself , include that information in your cover letter. Otherwise, your subscription will be extended by one year for each additional entry.
● The theme and style are both open.
● Authors do NOT need to be residents of Colorado or the United States. (Note, however, that print subscriptions can be sent only to US addresses.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● There is a $28 online entry fee, which includes a one-year subscription to Colorado Review (the extra $3 goes to the good people at Submittable).
● Please send your entry to Colorado Prize, Center for Literary Publishing, 9105 Campus Delivery, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523-9105.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh