Funding brief: The schwelle Foundation will confer for the ninth time the International Bremen Peace Award for exemplary commitments to Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation on November, 15th, 2019.
The award is given with the aim of honoring people and organizations that set an example through their work contributing to reconciliation, human rights, overcoming of racism, social justice, sustainable handling of nature and environment as well as to intercultural and interreligious understanding.
Patron of the Bremen Peace Award is Bremen’s mayor Karoline Linnert.
The Peace Prize is awarded in three categories:
● Grassroots Peace Worker
This award goes to dedicated individuals and their projects, with special emphasis on future-oriented peace work at the grassroots level; for example, striving for peace in forgotten conflicts, struggling for the rights of marginalized people, or fighting against habitat destruction.
● Peace Ambassador in Public Life
This award goes to renowned public figures that persistently and courageously support Peace, Justice, and the Integrity of Creation, be it in international networks or in different areas of society, such as media, arts, sciences or politics.
● Award of the Donors for Encouraging Initiatives
● This award goes to initiatives or organizations that do especially creative, exemplary or sustainable peace work.
● From the nominations received, the schwelle Foundation will prepare a shortlist from which the donators will chose the award-winning initiative. Thus everybody, by means of a donation to the foundation, may participate in the election.
Further information you’ll find here: Award of the Donors
The award winners will be honoured during a public ceremony at the Bremen Town Hall on November, 15th, 2019.
Donor Name: Schwelle Foundation
Funding name: The International Bremen Peace Award
Deadline: Proposals should be submitted by December, 15th, 2018.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The awards are endowed with 5,000 Euros in each category.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Proposals for the Bremen Peace Award should be submitted by third parties or organizations. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● About: Click to view
How to apply:
● Proposals should be submitted by December 15, 2018 in English, German or Spanish to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or to Ms. Petra Titze, Stiftung die schwelle, Wachmannstr. 79, D-28209, Bremen, Germany.
● Proposals should be submitted, preferably in English, German or Spanish.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh