Funding brief: The promotion of young talented scientists was of major concern to the Eiselen-Foundation. In addition to the Josef G. Knoll-European Science Award, the Eiselen-Foundation had created the Hans Hartwig Ruthenberg-Graduate Award in 1999 to award outstanding diploma or master theses in the field of food security. Since 2010 the Foundation fiat panis is responsible to award the prize. Prof. Dr. Hans-Hartwig Ruthenberg was a recognized representative of the international oriented German agricultural research and successor of Prof. Dr. Josef G. Knoll at the former agricultural college (today University) Hohenheim.
The target of the prize is to honour graduates who intensively deal with the development of farming and the reduction of hunger in the world.
● The work must provide a contribution
To the improvement of the food supply or security in the target area
To the reduction of the causes of hunger (under-, mal- or deficit nutrition).
● Those theses are preferred which shows possibilities to apply the findings. At least the scientific work should contain suggestions how the results can be tested.
● The theses can be derived from the following disciplines:
Plant production incl. plant breeding, soil science and protection of plants
Animal production including animal hygiene and fishery
Agricultural engineering, technologies of the food proagrcessing
Agricultural economics and social sciences as well as rural sociology of the developing countries
Ecology, resources-management and –protection
Donor Name: Foundation Fiat Panis
Funding name: Hans H. Ruthenberg -Graduate Award
Deadline: 30th, April, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The prize is endowed with 7,500 Euros and has been awarded to a total of 54 winners and a total prize money of 135,000 Euro since 1999. It can be divided up to not more than three prize-winners. It is fixed to at least 2,500 Euro per prize-winner.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● The maximum age of applicants is 30 years.
● The academic degree must be from a university or university of applied sciences in Europe.
● All persons can apply for the prize which studied at universities or colleges in Europe and graduated successfully with a diploma or a master of science degree (M.Sc.) and which were not older than 30 years at the final examination for the diploma or master.
● Authoritative is the date on the diploma or master.
● The overall grade of the diploma- or master-thesis of the applicants must be at least 1,3 or with the grade very good (A -), grade points (3,7).
● The diploma or master of science degree certificate must be submitted.
● The submitted work should not be older than 24 months on April 30, 2019.
● Authoritative is the date on the diploma.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions-Conditional)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Please contact with the donor directly to know the details for applying.
● The thesis language has to be in German or English.
● In addition to the work it has to be submitted
A summary with a statement about broader plans/wishes/prospects regarding further or future activities;
A certified copy or a certified photocopy of the university certificate/ college certificate from which the note of the diploma or master thesis results. If no document has been assigned to the applicant yet, a confirmation from the faculty or the university/ college is required which should contain all grades and the grade of the thesis,
The report of an university professor or an university teacher concerning the submitted work.
● The jury will only assess theses where all mentioned documents are enclosed.
● The work can be written in English or German language.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh