Funding brief: The foundation makes grants to US based qualified charitable organizations. To date they have funded organizations that address the following areas of interest:
● Environment (US headquartered organizations operating programs in the US or elsewhere in the world),
● Human Services
● Disaster relief (US headquartered organizations responding to disasters in the US or elsewhere in the world on an occasional basis),
.The foundation does not typically make grants for the following purposes. Requests to fund the following purposes are likely to be denied:
● Computers or software,
● Audio or video equipment,
● Designing and producing videos, kiosks or promotional material,
● Music programs or musical instruments,
● Gardening programs or equipment,
● Physical education programs or equipment,
● Recreational programs,
● Theater arts or performance arts programs or equipment,
● Hospice or old age home programs,
● Religious, charter or magnet schools
● Individuals for any purpose,
● International organizations that do not have a qualified domestic 501(c)(3) representative,
● Political lobbying activities or other political purposes,
● Voter registration,
● Private foundations,
● Dinners, balls, or other ticketed events,
● Purposes outside of the foundation’s funding priorities as listed in the prior section.
● Other than legal requirements, these lists are not absolute and may not always apply, but they provide some guidance about our interests.
Donor Name: The Lawrence Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: The foundation has two grant cycles: June and December. A completed application must be submitted online, using the Common Grant Application, by midnight (23:59:59) Central Time (CT) on either April, 30th or October, 31st. Any grant applications received after the deadline for the current grant cycle will be considered for the next grant cycle.
Funding details link: Click to view
● Grants typically range between $5,000 – $10,000. In some limited cases they may make larger grants, but that is typically after they have gotten to know your organization over a period of time. They also generally don’t make multi-year grants, although they may fund the same organization on a year by year basis over a period of years.
● General operating or program/project grant requests within our areas of interests are accepted.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Nonprofit organizations that qualify for public charity status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or public schools and libraries are eligible for contributions or grants.
● Other (US headquartered organizations operating programs in the US or elsewhere in the world).
● The foundation does not make grants to individuals, international charitable organizations that are not qualified in the US or to for-profit businesses
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply:
● Step-1: An applicant must meet the following criteria:
Be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code or have a fiscal sponsor that has 501(c)(3) status and provides written authorization confirming its willingness to act as the fiscal sponsor.
● Engage in work that aligns with the Foundation’s funding interests and priorities. Please read our Grant Guidelines to understand our funding interests and priorities.
● The Lawrence Foundation does not require a Letter of Inquiry. You can submit a grant application by using the Common Grant Application Web site. Our grant application is fairly simple. They ask for some contact information, a brief description of your organization and funding needs, confirmation of your tax-exempt status and the amount of money you are requesting.
● The foundation has two grant cycles: June and December. A completed application must be submitted online, using the Common Grant Application, by midnight (23:59:59) Central Time (CT) on either April 30 or October 31. Any grant applications received after the deadline for the current grant cycle will be considered for the next grant cycle.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh