Funding brief: The Innovation Square Startup Accelerator (I2@OIST) is Okinawa’s first global startup accelerator program. Each year, a highly selective group of entrepreneurs from all over the world will be chosen to participate in a fixed-term residency program at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, where they will receive the funding, mentoring, and partnerships required to launch their technology ventures right here in Okinawa, Japan. The I2@OIST Accelerator combines talent, facilities, and resources from OIST with the most innovative, global technology entrepreneurs to build startups together.
I2@OIST is a key initiative of the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology and managed by the Technology Development & Innovation Center. By catalyzing startups in Okinawa, OIST aims to strengthen the innovation ecosystem around the university and contribute to self-sustaining economic development in the region.
Startup Accelerator Program is funded by Okinawa Prefectural Government.
They are looking for passionate entrepreneurs from all over the world with innovative technologies that have the potential to make a positive impact on society. Once selected, you will participate in a fixed-term residency program at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology where you will receive the funding, mentoring, and partnerships needed to launch your technology ventures right here in Okinawa, Japan.
● Passion and commitment to the technology and project
● Fit to OIST environment and resources
● Technical merit
● Market potential
● Goals achievable within program duration
● Societal impact (Okinawa, Japan, the World)
Donor Name: Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
Funding name: The Innovation Square Startup Accelerator (I2@OIST)
● STEP 1: Letter of Intent, Due date: December, 7th, 2018 JST
● STEP 2: Full proposal (by-invitation-only), Due date: December, 21st, 2018 JST
Funding details link: Click to view
● Awards will range from 3-10 million JPY
● Resources to be provided other than funding-
OIST research equipment & resources
OIST research network
Business network with VCs and industry experts
Professional services from law firms and IP offices
Administrative services from OIST staff
Mentorship program and professional trainings
Entrepreneurship Program (Lean Startup Program)
Project start date: April, 1st, 2019
Project duration: 10-12 months (April, 1st, 2019 to March, 31st, 2020)
Eligible organization: As below
● Entrepreneurs from Japan and internationally with an innovative technology ranging in Technology Readiness Levelof 3-6.
● All technology fields will be considered except projects requiring pharmaceutical/drug clinical trials (Pre-clinical is eligible).
● If selected, founder or team leader must devote 100% effort on the project for the duration of the accelerator program.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh