Funding brief: The vocation of the Fondation SUEZ is to combat exclusion by favoring inclusion and consequently sustainably improving the living conditions and autonomy of persons via access to essential services, social insertion and social harmony.
The Fondation SUEZ supports concrete actions in favor of:
● Access to essential services (water, sanitation and waste) for disadvantaged populations in developing countries;
● The insertion of vulnerable populations thanks to employment and training in France;
● Social harmony through education, culture and sport, in France.
● This workspace enables you to submit applications to receive support and financing for your projects from the Fondation SUEZ.
The Fondation SUEZ has set itself several priorities:
● To support and accompany development projects via financial and skills-based sponsorship partnerships developed with international solidarity organizations, non-profit making specialized institutions.
● To accompany humanitarian and emergency operations in the field of access to essential services.
● To support and accompany insertion projects encouraging employment and training in France. The Fondation is making a long-term commitment in this sense and is looking to contribute towards the social and economic revitalization of territories.
● To support and accompany social cohesion projects via education, culture and sport.
The Fondation hopes to contribute towards preventing the exclusion of young people, limiting their marginalization thanks to educational support projects and access to cultural and sporting practices.
● To reinforce the expertise of local players and circulate expertise by supporting actions to professionalize services, put in place specific training programmes and foster networking between players.
● To boost innovation and research applied to the realities of the field in developing countries, namely via the organization of a Prize to reward and promote innovative projects having proven their worth and which can be replicated.
Donor Name: Fondation SUEZ
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Requests for support and financing can be submitted at any moment, but will be processed according to the following schedule:
● Project applications received before 31/10 will be presented at the Board of Directors Meeting in April, depending on the results of their initial assessment.
● Project applications received before 30/04 will be presented at the Board of Directors Meeting in October, depending on the results of their initial assessment.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Financial aid from the Fondation is not generally awarded to the organization itself but is allocated to an identified and defined project.
● The Fondation studies all of the projects, whatever their size, and does not possess an upper limit with respect to the sum of aid awarded.
● The Fondation does not support projects for which it would be the sole backer. It intervenes as a co-funder of projects which benefit from other sources of financing, whether these sources are the own resources of the project initiator or public subsidies (European Union, local authorities, public establishments etc.) or financial aid provided by other backers, such as companies or other foundations.
● The Fondation can award up to 50% of the project’s total budget.
● The Fondation is in favor of the participation of the populations concerned in financing the service provided, both in terms of cash contributions and labour, within their capabilities.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The Fondation considers applications from both once-only projects and multi-year projects. It does however only support associations, organizations or institutions having proven the relevance of their action and the durability of their results.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The Fondation supports projects proposed by project initiators with an associative legal status and which have been legally established for at least one year prior to the date of the submission of the project application.
● The Fondation does not support projects developed by individuals.
● The Fondation attaches a great deal of importance to how actions are relayed on the site of intervention and gives priority to applicants which possess local divisions or which report a very close partnership with a local structure.
Similarly, particular attention will be paid to:
– The clearly identified demand and the determination of the populations concerned to contribute towards maintaining the service or activity to be created,
– Whether or not the project is of general interest,
– The commitment and support shown towards the project by local stakeholders: user associations, local resident communities, local authorities etc.
– The correspondence of the project with the national or regional policies adopted in the domain considered,
– Coherency with the other projects implemented on the same theme in the same geographical zone; for access to essential service projects: resource preservation, integrated management of the receiving environment, collection and treatment management.
– The search for efficiency and the sustainable improvement in the living conditions of populations as part of a development process which respects the environment,
– The search for the sustainability of actions thanks to the relevance of the prior assessment designed to measure the impacts of the project’s achievements
– Impact measuring thanks to indicators and assessment mechanisms based on transparency, in conjunction – where possible – with the authorities in the countries concerned,
– The introduction of post-project monitoring,
– And, particularly for projects relating to access to essential services, the existence of training to improve and manage services, personnel training and awareness-raising actions among local populations with respect to health and hygiene.
● For access to essential service projects, the Fondation supports projects implemented in developing countries. It does not intervene in so-called developed countries within the context of the domain considered. The Fondation is looking to focus its actions on problems encountered in urban and peri-urban areas: projects meeting this criterion will be studied as a matter of priority. However, projects in rural settings will not be disregarded if they permit the management of the services provided to be structured on a long-term basis.
● The Fondation supports projects at a global level, including in zones where for safety reasons, it will not be able to send personnel for project evaluation missions. For projects dedicated to social insertion and cohesion, the Fondation focuses solely on France.
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
The application can be accompanied by attachments.
For Access to Essential Services projects, applicants must submit:
● A letter from the decentralized, competent local authorities for the territory and / or intervention field concerned by the project.
● A letter from the local, foreign partner(s) – or a partnership agreement if one exists – This letter (or agreement) must set out details of the nature and level of involvement of each of the parties.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh