Funding brief: The Lab is holding an open call for ideas for financial instruments that can unlock investment to tackle some of the most difficult climate and sustainable development challenges.
The Lab is seeking ideas for financial instruments that can unlock investment for climate mitigation and adaptation projects in developing countries. This year, the Lab has a special call for ideas that target sustainable agriculture for smallholders in West & Central Africa, sustainable energy access, blue carbon in coastal & marine ecosystems, and sustainable cities. Ideas that target other sectors will also be considered.
● Sustainable agriculture for smallholders
● Sustainable energy access
● Blue carbon in coastal & marine ecosystems
● Sustainable Cities
Criteria: Successful ideas are selected by Lab Members and other experts based on the following criteria.
● Actionable: Identifies (1) the type of entity(ies) that could implement it, (2) the pathway towards implementation, including the timeframe, activities, and key milestones, and (3) possible challenges to implementation and related management strategies.
● Innovative: Demonstrates the ability to address, directly or indirectly, barriers to private climate finance that (1) have not yet been addressed or (2) that will be addressed more effectively compared to other instruments in the market.
● Catalytic: Demonstrates potential to (1) mobilize private climate capital within a sizeable market, (2) be scaled up or replicated in other contexts and, (3) achieve socioeconomic, development, and environmental impacts.
● Financially Sustainable: Identifies (1) a strategy to phase out public financial support, thereby achieving market viability and (2) possible challenges to achieving its intended objectives and related management strategies.
For the 2019 cycle, all selected ideas will be taken forward by the Global Lab program. If your idea is selected by Lab Members, you will work with a team of analysts, key stakeholders, and experts to:
✓ Develop or refine the mechanics of your idea
✓ Survey comparable instruments, ensuring the final instrument is innovative and impactful
✓ Develop robust financial modeling
✓ Assess and document potential social and environmental impacts
✓ Map risks and risk mitigation strategies
✓ Develop a detailed implementation plan
✓ Produce promotional content
✓ Present your idea to donors and investors
✓ Potentially receive endorsement from the Lab
Donor Name: The Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: December 19th, 2018 23:59 PST
Funding details link: Click to view
● Selected ideas will receive guidance and support from high-level leaders from both the public and private sectors, who contribute expertise, political capital, and financial capital to the instruments. See the full list of Lab Members here.
● Selected ideas will also benefit from robust analysis, stress-testing, and development by Climate Policy Initiative’s team of experts.
● $ 200 Thousand value of analytical and communications support received by selected Lab ideas
● $ 1.38 billion mobilized by Lab instruments endorsed in previous cycles
● $ 260 million invested by Lab Membership of over 60 expert institutions
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Not found
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh