Funding brief: The ITF was created to mobilize sustainable resources to help build strong, trans-led movements and support collective action, and to address and eliminate funding gaps impacting trans groups across the globe. The purpose of the ITF is to:
1. Build & Sustain the Fund | Build and sustain a mechanism to support trans-led groups of different sizes working on a range of issues at the international, regional, country and locallevels, with a particular emphasis on groups with access to fewer resources.
2. Resource Trans Movements | Increase resources and enhance access to resources to support trans movements, including:
Access to financial resources dedicated to trans-led organizations and groups, through grantmaking.
Access to non-financial resources for trans organizations, such as skills building, organizational strengthening, leadership development and activist support.
Access to other and new donors for trans organizations, beyond the ITF’s direct support.
3. Educate Philanthropic Community | Educate peers in the philanthropic community on trans issues and influence other funders and strategic allies in trans-related commitments and strategies.
Priorities : The ITF’s priorities in this funding cycle are to:
● Fund a diversity of groups, including different regions, languages, gender identities, strategies and issues.
● Prioritize trans communities facing greater levels of marginalization (e.g. racism, classism, ageism, ableism, misogyny and so on).
● Support trans groups whose work is intersectional and contributes to social justice, movement building, and the liberation of trans people.
Donor Name: International Trans Fund (ITF)
Funding name: ITF’s Third Grantmaking Cycle
Deadline: The deadline to apply is December, 1st, 2018 at 5pm (EST/New York time).
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Most grants will range between $10,000 and $30,000. Grants up to $50,000 may be considered in special circumstances. They do not accept applications for funding of more than $50,000 or less than $5,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: They are only able to make one-year grants.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding groups must meet the following criteria:
● Be trans-led:
Trans people must be in decision-making roles, including setting the organization’s strategic and financial priorities, and make up 75% of the group’s staff, spokespeople, and Board or decision-making body.
If this is not the case, groups must demonstrate how trans people make budget, organizational and strategic decisions. 2. Have an operating budget under $150,000 USD.
● Be a group of people (i.e. not an individual).
● Main focus of work is to benefit the trans community.
● Contribute to movement building, not just providing direct services. Applications that do not meet the criteria will be found to be ineligible and will not be reviewed by the GMP.
The ITF does not fund the following:
● Organizations that are not led by trans people (even if they are working on trans issues).
● Organizations that do not do work specifically to benefit trans people or communities.
● Groups, collectives, and networks with operating budgets above $150,000 USD.
● Groups and projects that only provide direct services to individuals without contributing to trans movement building in some way.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh