Funding brief: In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030.”
SDGs & Her is an online competition for Women micro-entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the SDGs Through their business operations.
SDGs&Her is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
● Recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
● Increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
● Collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
The first ever SDGs&Her competition in 2018 attracted over 1,200 contenders through an online competition platform from 88 countries. The 2019 season of the competition is now open:
Donor Name: World Bank Group
Funding name: SDGs & Her online competition
Deadline: The deadline for the competition closed on December, 31st, 2018.
Funding limit: Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring and will be flown to Washington DC, for an event at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2019, where they will showcase their achievements.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
● Be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
● Own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
● Have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh