Funding brief: UNHCR are searching for heroes supporting refugees, internally displaced and stateless people. Do you know an inspirational individual or group making a difference?
Each year, the Nansen Refugee Award recognizes an individual, group or organization who have shown outstanding dedication and service to people forced to flee their homes. Four finalists are also chosen from each global region.
The winner will receive USD 150,000 to invest in their humanitarian work. Four regional finalists will also be selected and honored.
Criteria: Nominees are considered in the following light:
● The deed for which the person/ entity is nominated should take place outside the framework of normal professional duties and go beyond the call of duty;
● It should demonstrate courage;
● It should raise awareness for displaced people; and
● It should reflect the values of UNHCR.
Donor Name: UNHCR
Funding name: Nansen Refugee Award
Deadline: 8th, February, 2019 at midnight
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The winner will receive USD 150,000 to invest in their humanitarian work.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Any individual, group of people or organization that has displayed extraordinary humanitarian work on behalf of refugees, displaced or stateless peoples is eligible to be nominated. Former and current UNHCR staff, including United Nations Volunteers (UNVs) working for UNHCR offices, are ineligible.
● Self-nominations are strongly discouraged. This includes individuals and organizations nominating themselves.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Nominations can be submitted in any of the official languages of the United Nations (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, and Chinese).
● References: Three references must be provided. References should be diversely selected (not all from the same organization or group). The nomination will be ineligible without three referees.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh