Funding brief: Facebook is the world’s largest social network and connects over 2 billion people monthly. As part of its mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together, it connects people on the platform with over 70 million businesses. Facebook not only helps businesses get discovered and find customers, but also helps people develop meaningful connections to products and causes. To better support cause-driven businesses, Facebook has partnered with One Young World for the second year in a row to launch the 2018 – 2019 Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award.
Last year, at the One Young World 2017 Summit in Bogotá, Colombia, Facebook’s VP of Global Marketing Solutions, Carolyn Everson, announced the inaugural Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award.
In line with Facebook’s mission, the award will present a prize to 10 non-profit or for-profit entrepreneurs with advertising credits and Facebook mentors who will share digital marketing expertise.
Criteria: Candidates will be assessed based on:
● Probability of increased impact following ad credit investment – 40%
● Evidence of social impact – 30%
● Innovation/originality – 30%
Donor Name: Facebook, One Young World
Funding name: The 2018 – 2019 Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award
Deadline: 21st, November, 1:00pm GMT
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Announced at the One Young World Summit for the second year in a row, the call for applications for The 2018 – 2019 Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award has officially launched! There will be double the number of potential winners, from 5 to 10, with total value of all prizes combined – USD$100,000.
There will be 10 regional Awards: 2 from LATAM, 2 from North America, 2 from Europe, 2 from MEA and 2 from APAC.
Each regional winner will receive:
● A regional mentor
● A marketing consultant
● USD$5,000 in ad credits
Out of the 10 regional Award recipient, 1 Grand Prize Awardee will be selected to receive an additional USD$50,000 in ad credits and an additional mentor.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● One Young World Delegates and Ambassadors exclusively. Ambassadors can apply as individuals or teams in groups (up to 5 individuals).
● Those who operate businesses or a non-profit charity that address a major social and/or economic issue in their region and empowers their community.
● The Participant and each team member (if any) must lead or be employed by a non-profit charity or a for-profit business legal entity, which is registered and/or formed under applicable laws in their jurisdiction
● Ambassadors must live and operate enterprises within Facebook’s 5 regions: Latin America (LATAM), Europe (EUR), the Middle East and Africa (MEA), North America (NA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
● Government officials, political figures and businesses politically affiliated (all as determined by Facebook and One Young World in its sole discretion) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
● You are not eligible to participate in this Contest if you are a national or legal resident of those countries in which the United States has embargoed goods (including, without limitation, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, and Syria).
Eligible Country: Ambassadors must live and operate enterprises within Facebook’s 5 regions: Latin America (LATAM), Europe (EUR), the Middle East and Africa (MEA), North America (NA), and Asia Pacific (APAC). You are not eligible to participate in this Contest if you are a national or legal resident of those countries in which the United States has embargoed goods (including, without limitation, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, and Syria).
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh