Funding brief: The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Fellowships programme offers long and short-term fellowships for scientists who are nationals of ICGEB Member States to perform research in Trieste, New Delhi or Cape Town.
1. PhD fellowships: ICGEB offers postgraduate studies with the aim of obtaining the “Doctor Philosophiae” (PhD) degree in the life sciences. Thanks to specific agreements, the title can be awarded through a number of academic institutions of international standing, which include The Open University (UK) and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy, the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi and the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
The structure of the three-year PhD course includes intensive laboratory research activities, participation in seminars and communication training during Journal Club sessions, symposia and international meetings.
2. Postdoctoral fellowships: ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment.
The Fellowships consist of a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits.
3. Short-term fellowships: Short-term fellowships can be awarded, as follows:
● In ICGEB Laboratories: ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Pre-doctoral and Postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
● In Member States: Scientific Mobility for Advanced Research Training (SMART): The ICGEB SMART Fellowship programme promotes the mobility of researchers between ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, acquisition of specific hands-on training in new technologies and increasing bilateral cooperation in science and technology, and should show clear evidence of strong collaboration between the two laboratories.
Donor Name: The International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
Funding name: The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Fellowship Programmes
● PhD fellowships: Closing Date for Applications: 31st, MARCH, 2019
● Postdoctoral fellowships: Closing Dates for Applications: 31st, MARCH and 30th, SEPTEMBER, 2019
● Short-term fellowships: NEW Closing Dates for Applications: 31st, DECEMBER, 2018, 31st, MARCH, 2019, 30th, SEPTEMBER, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Please find the guideline to check the funding limit
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Please find the guideline to check the start date
Project duration: Please find the guideline to check the duration
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Please find the guideline to check the eligibility
Eligible Country: Please check the link to find country eligibility.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● About: Click to view
● Guideline (PhD fellowships): Click to view
● Guideline (Postdoctoral fellowships: Click to view and Click to view
● Guideline (Short-term fellowships:
In ICGEB Laboratories: Click to view and Click to view
In Member States: Scientific Mobility for Advanced Research Training (SMART): Click to view
How to apply: Please find the guideline to check the details for applying.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh