Funding brief: The American Society of Primatologists (ASP) invites applications for a) ‘Conservation Small grant´ to recognize and financial support for students and early career investigators from habitat countries who demonstrate potential for making significant and continuing contributions to primate conservation; and b). ‘Conservationist award’ for conservation research or related projects, including conservation education;
ASP Conservationist Award ($750): This award provides recognition and financial support for students and early career investigators from habitat countries who demonstrate potential for making significant and continuing contributions to primate conservation. Past awards have been presented by U.S. Ambassadors or other senior officials, thereby obtaining favorable publicity for the award, its recipient, and primate conservation in the recipient’s country.
Conservation Small Grants (up to $2,000): Grant proposals are solicited for conservation research or related projects, including conservation education. ASP members working in habitat countries are especially urged to apply or to help someone from a habitat country submit a meaningful project that can be a portion of a larger effort. Recipients of grants must agree to submit a brief report (maximum 1-2 pages, single spaced), in a form suitable for publication in the ASP Bulletin, to the chair of the ASP Conservation Committee within 6 months of completion of the project.
Donor Name: American Society of Primatologists (ASP)
Funding name: Conservation Small grant, Conservationist award
● Due date for Conservation Small grant proposals:
On-line grant submission begins November, 1st, 2018.
Application deadline: Jan, 31st, 2019
Letters of Recommendation due date: February, 7th, 2019.
● Due date for Conservationist award: May, 1st, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
● Conservation Small grant: $750
● Conservationist award: up to $2,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Conservation Small grant: They welcome applications from long-term studies that have side projects or additional needs. As long as your proposal clearly shows the value of the project to conservation, it could be eligible.
You are required to be a member to be eligible for the Conservation Grant. Please note, however, that in order to submit your application for the ASP Conservation Grant you will need to register (establish a username and password) online. Individuals from non-human primate habitat countries are eligible for free membership.
● Conservationist award: Students, researchers, and educators from primate habitat countries for whom no more than five years have elapsed since receipt of their terminal degree.
● Conservationist award: Individuals from non-human primate habitat countries are eligible for free membership.
● Conservation Small grant: Applicants from non-human primate habitat countries are eligible for free membership with the support of two voting member sponsors.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● FAQ (Conservationist award): Click to view
How to apply: Conservation Small grant: Nominators should send the following information via email to the chair of the ASP Conservation Committee, Marilyn Norconk (email@example.com).
1. The name, title and full mailing address of their nominee, along with a statement about the nominee’s qualifications for the award, focusing on past and potential contributions to primate conservation.
2. A copy of the nominee’s vita.
3. A maximum of TWO (2) supporting letters from other individuals acquainted with the nominee’s work may be submitted.
Conservationist award: Please download application instructions and forms HERE, and submit the application online using the grant application system. Applications will ONLY be accepted through the ASP online grant submission system. Please note that this system requires applicants to log-in to the ASP portal. You must be an ASP member to apply.
You will need to register online in order to submit your application. All students are required to submit one (1) letter of recommendation (from an academic advisor). Students will be asked to enter the email address of their letter writer. An email message will then automatically be sent to the letter writer with information on how to submit the letter.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh