Funding brief: Social Action and Mobilization for Prevention of Radicalization and Extremism through Enhanced and Targeted Interventions (SAMPREETI) is a project of Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF) funded by GCERF. SAMPREETI is pleased to ask the 3rd Call for Expressions of Interest (EoI) from Bangladeshi organizations/ institutions/ groups/ clubs to explore some innovative ideas, models and proposals from greater Dhaka.
Social Action and Mobilization for Prevention of Radicalization and Extremism through Enhanced and Targeted Interventions (SAMPREETI) is one of the projects of MJF which promotes innovative ideas and actions for prevention of radicalization and violent extremism (PVE) issue. This project will contribute to the main program of MJF in the thematic area of Youth and Social Cohesion. SAMPREETI is supported by the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF). GCERF is a unique global effort to support local, community-level initiatives aimed at strengthening resilience against violent extremist agendas.
This Guideline has been prepared to provide relevant and specific instructions to those who are interested to apply for grants under SAMPREETI project. This fund is open for any registered or non-registered organization/ group/ institute/ club/ media house etc. who are aiming to work with graduation level (After HSC level) students studying in any public, private or religious institutions and also with their affiliates, parents, teachers, institution management committee etc.
The purpose of this Call is to announce the availability of funding from SAMPREETI in Bangladesh (greater Dhaka region) and to solicit Expression of Interest from potential applicants to explore some innovative ideas, models or proposals that contribute to the prevention of radicalization and violent extremism.
Donor Name: Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF)
Funding name: Social Action and Mobilization for Prevention of Radicalization and Extremism through Enhanced and Targeted Interventions (SAMPREETI)
Deadline: 28th, October, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: SAMPREETI will offer approximately 20-40 grants and duration of the proposed work will be maximum of six (6) months. The grant size will be-
|Small||From BDT 5, 00, 000 to BDT 15, 00, 000|
|Medium||From BDT 15, 00, 001 to BDT 30, 00, 000|
|Large||From BDT 30, 00, 001 to BDT 80, 00, 000|
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The duration of the proposed work (project) will be for maximum of six (6) months.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: A Grantee will receive funding from SAMPREETI. A Grantee may be:
● Any registered or non-registered organization such as local NGOs, CSOs, CBOs, Media House, Cultural or Theatre Group/ Club, Institute or associated institutions such as Youth Group/Debating Society/ Film Society/ Tourist Society/ Photographic Society/ Journalist Association/ Model United Nations Association/ Cultural Club/ Games and Sports Club/ Computer Club/ Social Service Club/ Writers’ Forum/ Business and Economic Forum/ Rover Scout etc.
● The proposed work can be one- off event or series of activities.
● It is necessary to have registration or at least a Constitution/ MoU/ Resolution for any non-registered or non- affiliated group/ institute/ organization.
● Proposed work should be limited to six districts of greater Dhaka region (Gazipur, Narayangonj, Munshigonj, Manikgonj, Narsingdi and Dhaka).
● Proposed work will focus on graduation level (After HSC level) students studying in any public, private or religious institutions and also with their affiliates, parents, teachers, and institution management committee etc.
● Proposed work must have alignment with the prevention of radicalization and violent extremism.
● Applicant must be Bangladeshi National and legally able to enter into grant agreements with NGO work.
● Madrasa based interventions, Faith based/ Religious institutions, Social Media and ICT focused Organization, TV Channels, Radio, Musical Group, Band, Dance Group, Psychosocial Counseling Body etc. are highly encouraged to apply.
● Applicants are particularly encouraged to focus their activities on Pluralism/ Religious Diversity/ Strengthening the ability of female to be vocal on PVE issue in community (Such as Volunteer, Speaker, Club Member etc. but not limited to)/ Awareness Raising among parents on PVE and their expectation towards children/Bangladeshi cultural values and revival of Bangladeshi culture/ Strengthening the capacity of youths so that their voices are heard and they can represent their own interest (As like Change agent, Ombudsperson, Motivational Speaker etc. but not limited to).
Factors not eligible for funding: The common features for which a proposal will not be accepted are as follows:
● Proposed work/ Activities/ Initiatives undertaken by an individual.
● Participation or engagement of the applicant in partisan politics.
● Applicant shall not be engaged in any personal or professional activity which conflicts or could conflict with any of their obligations in relation to the proposed project.
Eligible Country: Bangladesh (Greater Dhaka region (Gazipur, Narayangonj, Munshigonj, Manikgonj, Narsingdi and Dhaka))
Submission mail: email@example.com
How to apply: Interested organizations/ institutes/ groups/ clubs are requested to submit their proposals through email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
● Potential applicant should submit proposal through email. The Proposed work (Project Proposal) should be written in English using the EoI template.
● Please note that one applicant can submit only one proposal.
● All Proposals will be assessed by a qualified professional team. This is a competitive process and strict confidentiality and neutrality will be maintained.
● MJF encourages applicants to write proposal by themselves.
● Proposals should not exceed 15 pages (excluding annexes) with font size of 12.
● Any kind of persuasion regarding proposal development and approval will be treated as disqualification.
● The email should imperatively have ‘EoI-SAMPREETI (3rd Call)’ in the subject line along with a forwarding letter.
Please download the Guideline (English and Bengali), EOI template, Area list and budget template from here.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh