Funding brief: These awards support researchers who are transforming great ideas into digital healthcare innovations that could have a significant impact on human health.
They’re looking for
● Your project must be innovative, disruptive and address an unmet healthcare need or challenge.
● It should develop technologies that could result in significant, measurable changes in quality, speed, cost and/or outcomes.
Examples of the types of technologies we’re interested in could include (but are not limited to) those that:
● Advance the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease
● Provide support for clinical decision-making
● Improve access to healthcare, treatment compliance and/or provide patient-led management.
They are particularly interested in technologies that:
● Advance the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of psychosis
● Accelerate, and reduce the cost of, drug development including target identification, trial design and drug re-purposing
● Make urgent and emergency care affordable and scalable in low- and middle-income countries.The work that you propose must be essential for developing your healthcare innovation.
Multidisciplinary collaborations and partnerships: They particularly encourage collaborations from a variety of disciplines including data/software scientists, the physical sciences, engineering and the health sciences community (eg life science researchers, clinicians, medicinal chemists etc).
They also encourage partnerships between not-for-profit and commercial organizations. They expect most commercial organizations that partner not-for-profit organizations to provide in-kind contributions in addition to Wellcome’s funding.
If your proposal is successful and involves collaborators or partnerships, you must all enter into an agreement stating:
● Who will own any IP that arises from this award
● The necessary background IP licences
● How you plan to protect, maintain and commercialize Wellcome-funded IP.
This agreement has to be in place before we will provide funding.
Donor Name: Wellcome
Funding name: Innovator Awards: Digital Technologies
Deadline: 3rd, December, 2018, 17:00 GMT
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: An Innovator Award provides between £500,000 and £1 million of funding and lasts up to 2 years. You should ask for a level and duration of funding that’s justifiable for your proposed activities.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Up to 2 years
Eligible organization: As below
● Innovator Awards: Digital Technologies are open to researchers who are developing digital healthcare innovations that could have a significant and measurable impact on human health.
● Individuals and teams from not-for-profit and commercial organizations can apply. ● Organizations can be of any size, based anywhere in the world.
● Funded organizations must sign up to our grant conditions (see the template award letters in the ‘How to apply’ section of the donor page).
● Researchers working in any discipline and on any type of digital technology can apply.
Examples of digital technologies include:
● Intelligent: artificial intelligence and machine learning
● Data driven: data analytics and informatics
● Immersive: virtual and augmented reality
● Connected: internet of things (IoT), networks and sensors.
You’re not eligible for an Innovator Award if your company is not established and/or doesn’t have working capital.
They won’t consider proposals that:
● Develop only data or record-keeping systems
● Focus solely on data collection
● Have no access to relevant data sources
● Include only one-off costs, such as technology infrastructure, with no key experiments.
If you’ve previously been unsuccessful in getting Wellcome funding for your healthcare innovation, you must contact them before you apply again. You can’t usually apply again unless your proposal has changed significantly.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: Click to view
● Form (Proposal):
Sample full application form for Innovator Awards: Digital Technologies: Click to view
Innovator Awards: template award letter for not-for-profit organisations: Click to view
Innovator Awards: template award letter for commercial organisations: Click to view
Innovator Awards: template revenue sharing agreement: Click to view
How to apply: You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh