Funding brief: The SET initiative invites start-ups around the world to present their business ideas.
The international ‘Start Up Energy Transition’ (SET) initiative invites young and innovative companies around the world to apply for the SET Award 2019. The third round of the award for business ideas in the energy transition and climate protection was launched during World Energy Week in Milan, Italy, by Deutsche Energie-Agentur (dena) – the German Energy Agency – in cooperation with the World Energy Council. Applications are welcome until 31 January 2019.
Applications can be submitted in five different categories: 1. Low-Carbon Energy Production, 2. Intelligent Grids, Platforms and Cyber Security, 3. Energy Efficiency, Smart Devices and Storage, 4. Innovative Mobility, 5. Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7. In each category, the three most promising applicants will be invited to pitch their ideas at the annual summit of the SET initiative, the SET Tech Festival.
The SET Tech Festival, featuring the pitches of the finalists, will take place in Berlin on 9 April, 2019. The award ceremony will be hosted on the evening of the same day by the ‘Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue’ – an international conference jointly organized by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and the Federal Foreign Office.
Categories: Please find the complete category descriptions below.
Category 1: Low-Carbon Energy Production
Category 2: Intelligent Grids, Platforms & Cyber Security
Category 3: Energy Efficiency, Smart Devices & Storage
Category 4: Innovative Mobility
Category 5: Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7
Donor Name: Start Up Energy Transition (SET)
Funding name: SET Award 2019: Call for applications for top innovators in the energy transition
Deadline: 31st, January, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
● For all Participants: join the global platform of innovation leaders; see your views represented in the Energy Innovators Issues Monitor; Inform and influence policies that will boost innovation.
● For the #SET100 2019 (includes Finalist & Winners): the Top 100-ranked applicants will be offered the opportunity to participate and showcase at the 24th World Energy Congress 2019 in Abu Dhabi. Sponsored by the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, this incredible opportunity includes travel and accommodation expenses, and a showcase space for invitees.
● For all Finalists: return-flight to Berlin, and accommodation for 2 representatives of the start-up or innovation project to attend the Tech Festival; Pitch coaching; Meet-and-greet with high-level jury, Individual booth at Tech Festival; Live pitches at Tech Festival; Investor-matchmaking; Tickets to the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Content creation: interviews and branding in all communication material. In addition, start-ups will have the opportunity to attend the World Energy Leaders’ Summits.
● Winners of each category: maximum 10.000 Euros prize money; Participation on the winners’ panel at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD), Profile of start-up celebrated across the World Energy Council’ s global energy network in 99 countries.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants may only apply to one category. All subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified. This also applies to the Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
● The start-up or innovation project must not have been founded longer than ten years ago. In other words, the date of foundation cannot exceed 2008.
● The application, including any attached documents and pitch decks, must be in English.
● The applicant must be able to present a legal framework, proof of concept or a client, and/or an industrial/corporate/institutional partner.
● The applicant must fill out the entire form. Partially completed applications will not be accepted.
● High-resolution company logo (300 dpi) as a .jpg or .png file for publication on the SET website and in the competition documents.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh