Funding brief: The Chivas Venture is an annual competition to find and support the most promising social entrepreneurs, who use business to solve social and/or environmental issues. Candidates must apply to the competition in one of the participating countries, for a chance to join the global final and win a share of $1million. They’re looking for entrepreneurs on a mission to solve the world’s biggest social and environmental issues.If your business was created to make a positive impact in the world, they want to hear from you.
● Market opportunity & Need (Is there a big social or environmental problem to solve, and clear gap in the market?)
● Business model & Team (Do you have the right solution & team in place to make money while doing good?)
● Measurable Social impact (Do you drive transformational impact and do you measure it?)
● Scalability potential (Can you scale, and could you ever transform a million lives, or end the problem you’re solving?)
● Financials (Do you have sound financial projections and will Chivas Venture funding be catalytic of growth & impact?)
● Quality of the pitch & passion of the representative (in final stages only)
In short – we are looking for businesses that not only have the potential to succeed and turn a profit, but also can demonstrate that having a positive impact is at the heart of their business venture.
Donor Name: Chivas Venture
Funding name: Accelerator Programme
Deadline: Applications close on 31st, October, 2018.
Funding details link: Click to view
● Global exposure, a share of $1million dollars in no-strings funding, a 3-day Accelerator Programme in the UK, and a bunch of world-changing new friends.
● If you are selected to take part in the global final, you will have the opportunity to win a share of $1 Million in funding. Each finalist will have the chance to tell us how much funding they seek and how they believe this will make a difference for their business.
● The first $100,000 of the fund will be allocated by the public, via a 3-week online vote. The Finalist with the most votes will receive $50,000. The 5 Finalists with the next 5 highest numbers of votes will receive $10,000 each.
● The remaining $900,000 of the fund will be allocated by the judges at the Global Final: $750,000 will be distributed amongst the top 5 finalists at the Grand Final, and $150,000 will be shared amongst the 5 Semi-Finalists and 10 Quarter-Finalists who didn’t make it to the Grand Final – see Terms & Conditions for full details.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● The founder, co-founder or a key decision-maker who will represent your business throughout the competition. You must be aged 25 years old or over (as of 31 October 2018), and speak fluent English.
● Your start-up must already be registered as a for-profit entity in the country you’re located, and earn no more than $1.5 million in annual revenue (from 1 September 2017 to 1 September 2018).
Eligible Country: To enter the competition, your business must be registered in one of the following countries: Argentina or Uruguay, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, England or Wales, Greece, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland or Northern Ireland, Slovakia, South Africa, USA, Vietnam
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh