Funding brief: The Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards will celebrate outstanding innovators and innovations that are helping Commonwealth countries and their people achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and advance the values in the Commonwealth Charter that commit Commonwealth countries to the development of free and democratic societies and the promotion of peace and prosperity.
● Recognize innovations that are advancing sustainable development in Commonwealth countries in line with the Commonwealth Charter and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
● Highlight the innovative potential across the Commonwealth;
● Inspire the next generation of Commonwealth innovators.
● The award-winning innovations must reaffirm the core values and principles of the Commonwealth as declared in the Commonwealth Charter
● There will be three award winners for innovations in each of the five categories:
● Improve the well-being (i.e. health, education, human rights etc.) of Commonwealth PEOPLE
● Improve PROSPERITY (i.e. economic development, trade, etc.) in the Commonwealth
● Promote PEACE and justice in the Commonwealth
● Protect the PLANET and the natural environment in the Commonwealth and promote PARTNERSHIPS for sustainable development in the Commonwealth
The winners will be chosen for the impact or potential of their innovations to advance one or more of the 17 SDGs in Commonwealth countries.
Awards will be decided on the basis of:
● Level of impact or demonstrable potential of innovation;
● Fresh approaches to problem-solving;
● Quality of achievement so far;
● Quality of the evidence provided;
● Impact or potential impact of innovation on achievement of SDGs in Commonwealth countries
Donor Name: Commonwealth Secretariat
Funding name: The Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards
Deadline: 31st, December, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Not found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Entrants must be:
● Commonwealth citizens (female and young Commonwealth innovators are especially encouraged to apply)
● Government ministries / departments / public sector agencies in Commonwealth countries
● Social or voluntary sector enterprises in Commonwealth countries
● Private sector enterprises based in any Commonwealth country
● The nominated innovations focusing on the SDGs must be supported with evidence that they are taking place in a Commonwealth country.
● Nominees must have been engaged in developing their innovations for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
● Award winners must agree to take part in Commonwealth-supported activities and initiatives.
Eligible Country: Commonwealth countries
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: Click to view
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh