Funding brief: The program aims at enhancing mutual understanding between Asian countries and Japan through promoting research projects in the field of the social sciences or humanities that are related to Japan.
Donor Name: The Sumitomo Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: 31st, October, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: \50 million in total, with 80 projects to be selected
● Budget Total: ¥50 million.
● Grant Amount for Each Project: Maximum ¥2.0 million (¥0.3- ¥1.4 million in fiscal 2017)
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: One year (April, 2019 through March, 2020), but can be extended by another one year maximum upon request.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Any research project to be carried out by individual or a group in the field of the social sciences or humanities that is related to Japan.
The following projects are not eligible:
-Research projects for profit making or those conceivably conducive to profit making.
-Contracted research projects for a third party.
-Research projects which have been already substantially completed.
-This grant is not a scholarship, a fellowship or a grant for publication of research results alone.
The applicant must:
(1) Be a researcher of Asian (non-Japanese) nationality (For fiscal 2018, priority is given to East and Southeast Asian nationals.),
(2) Be living outside Japan during the grant period in item II.4 below. (Please do not apply if you intend to stay in Japan for more than six months during the grant period as a student, visiting professor, etc.), and
(3) Take personal responsibilities for conducting the proposed research project. Please note that the above conditions are applied to the applicant of the collaborative research as well.
Eligible Country: Researcher shall be of Southeast or East Asian (non-Japanese) nationality, living outside Japan. Awarded researcher must conduct the proposed research by himself or herself.
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply:
● Please contact the address below for application form prescribed by The Sumitomo Foundation or for any inquiries concerning the application. (The form both in English and in Japanese can be also downloaded from the foundation’s website in the format of PDF or Word). The Sumitomo Foundation 1-12-16 Shibadaimon Minato-ku, Tokyo JAPAN 105－0012 Telephone: 81-3-5473-0161 Facsimile: 81-3-5473-8471 E-mail:email@example.com URL:http://www.sumitomo.or.jp/e/
● Application by means of facsimile or e-mail is invalid.
● Language for Application: English or Japanese
● The following application documents shall be submitted by registered airmail to The Sumitomo Foundation.
(1) The application form filled in and duly signed by the applicant in Japanese or English: One original copy
(2) A letter of recommendation, free-form, in Japanese or English from a person with an academic background, regarding the proposed research, the applicant and collaborator(s): One original copy
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh