Funding brief: The Explorers Club is proud of its history but also looks toward the future by recognizing the importance of new ideas and avenues of exploration. The Club is deeply committed to supporting the fieldwork of serious researchers and, as part of its public service commitment, offers exploration grants in the following categories.
● High School Students and College Undergraduates: The goal of this grant category is to foster a new generation of explorers dedicated to the advancement of the scientific knowledge of our world.
● Graduate Students and Immediate Post-Doc: This category of grant supports exploration and field research for those who are just beginning their research careers.
Generally The Explorers Club considers research proposals in a wide array of disciplines, including:
● Climate Change, Geoscience, Paleoclimate (i.e. Early Earth, Tectonics, Volcanism, Paleontology, Glaciology, Geophysics, Astronomy)
● Marine Science, Marine Biology, Marine Life, Fish, Coral, Ocean, Fresh Water, Rivers, Lakes, Estuaries
● Plants and Molds
● Conservation Science
The goal of this grant category is to foster a new generation of explorers dedicated to the advancement of the scientific knowledge of our world.
Donor Name: The Explorers Club
Funding name: Student Grants
Deadline: Deadline for applications is 5:00 PM EST, November, 5th, 2018.
Funding details link: Click to view
● High School Students and College Undergraduates: The average award is approximately $1,500.
● Graduate Students and Immediate Post-Doc: The average award is approximately $2,500. Awards for both categories range from $500 to $5,000. They recommend keeping your budget realistic. Only a few grants may be awarded at the $5,000 level.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Projects must commence after March, 15th, 2019. Any project beginning before this date will not be considered.
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● High School Students and College Undergraduates
● Graduate Students and Immediate Post-Doc
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view)
Both grant categories will require you to submit the following via our online application system:
● One page description of your project with attention to scientific objectives.
● Description of qualifications of your project associates and the specific sites of your proposed research.
● One paragraph description of your career objectives and aspirations and how this project fits into that plan.
● Letter of recommendation from your supervisor
● Copy of a current student ID.
● Budget outline.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh