Funding brief: Established more than 25 years ago, the Columbus Zoo Fund for Conservation has helped hundreds of dedicated wildlife heroes across the globe protect threatened and endangered animals and their critical habitats. Each year the Zoo awards 70 grants to projects in 30 countries.
Donor Name: Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
Funding name: Columbus Zoo Fund for Conservation
Deadline: Proposals are reviewed in the order that they were received. Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis (in the third week of March, June, September, and December.) Decisions may take three to nine months; please plan accordingly.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Grant requests may range from $1,000 to $25,000. Grants are limited to $5,000 for first-time applicants.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: By providing grants to local conservation leaders, the Zoo puts its money to work on the ground to advance conservation research, build capacity among local populations, strengthen environmental education, promote community involvement, and foster behavior change that benefits animals and people.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Jennifer.Compston@columbuszoo.org
How to apply: Pre-Proposal Applications should be sent via e-mail to: Jennifer Compston, Animal Care and Conservation Assistant Jennifer.Compston@columbuszoo.org.
The pre-proposal application must include the following without exceeding five pages:
● Pre-proposal application form (one page)
● The project description, including the conservation issues and project goals, methodology and benefits to local people (one page)
● The budget, including other sources of funding (one page)
● The principle investigator’s Curriculum Vitae (one page)
● Letters of support if applicable (e.g. range country government, scientific group) Graduate students should submit a letter of support from their academic advisor.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh