Funding brief: KR Foundation addresses root causes of climate change and environmental degradation, and safeguards the planetary boundaries.
The mission of KR Foundation is to help provide answers to, stimulate mind shifts about, and encourage action on, the long-term challenges faced by current and future generations living on a planet with finite resources, fragile ecosystems, and climate change. Read more about our mission here.
As a philanthropic foundation, KR Foundation typically engages in areas where neither governments nor markets actors seem to have incentives to act. Not restricted by short-term considerations and profit concerns, KR Foundation engages in non-profit activities with long-term impact on our climate and environment.
KR Foundation prioritizes communication and advocacy activities within our program areas but will also consider proposals in other areas with a high potential for impact that meet our general criteria for funding.
Please note that KR Foundation does not fund local and community-based activities unless they are truly scalable and have a clear international perspective. Proposals focusing on local development activities will not be considered.
General criteria for funding: KR Foundation address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation, through supporting activities that:
● Provide scalable solutions with a clear international perspective and a significant impact
● Have a holistic and interdisciplinary approach, including activities that aim to change mind-sets and behavior
● Have convening power, facilitate cooperation between key stakeholders and help to link existing research and knowledge to action
● Help catalyze desired political processes at an international level and support new leadership (top-down approach) as well as activities aiming to communicate and create
● Awareness (bottom-up approach)
● Take risks and potentially contribute to transformative and systemic change, and challenge conventional wisdom by exploring alternative and creative approaches
KR Foundation does not support:
● Issues other than climate change and environmental degradation
● For-profit organizations and activities
● Candidates for political office
● Individual government organizations at the national, regional or local level, including ● provincial and city administrations
● Individuals, e.g. scholarships
● Capital construction or endowment campaigns
● Establishing new organizations, institutes or centers with KR Foundation as sole funder
● Local and community-based activities that are not scalable and that do not have an international perspective, including development projects in developing countries
● Clean energy solutions and market ready solutions, including energy efficiency in buildings
● Nature conservation projects, including projects focused on single species
● Forests, including conservation, afforestation, and reforestation
KR Foundation Mission & Focus: Prior to submitting a Letter of Inquiry (LOI), applicants are recommended to revisit the main focus and purpose of KR Foundation, which is to:
● Address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation;
● Support projects that have an international focus (e.g. an impact at scale in multiple countries or countries that by themselves can move the global agenda);
● Support projects that provide scalable solutions;
● Support projects that can showcase a clear impact;
● Support projects that promote shifts towards “strong sustainability”, within planetary boundaries.
Donor Name: KR Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
● STEP 1: Project summary: Potential applicants are therefore advised to submit the project summary well before 22th, December.
● STEP 2: The deadline for submitting the LOI is 16th, January, 2019 at 13.00 CET.
● STEP 3: The deadline for submitting the full proposal is 18th, March, 2019 at 13.00 CET.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: KR Foundation’s grants typically range from DKK 2m to DKK 5m with a duration of up to approx. 3 years.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Up to approx. 3 years.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Before completing the LOI form, please ensure that the main applicant holds documented proof of nonprofit status.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: Click to view
Guidelines for Submitting Letters of Inquiry: Click to view
Guidelines for Submitting Full Proposals: Click to view
Budget and Financial Reporting Template and Guidelines: Click to view
Terms and Conditions for Administration of Grants: Click to view
● About: Click to view
How to apply: KR Foundation has a three-step application process. In order to be considered for funding, these instructions must be followed:
● STEP 1: Project summary
First, please carefully consider if the project idea fits with KR Foundation’s general criteria for funding and programme areas. Only applications that fit will be considered.
If the project appears to fit, a short summary of the project idea (max. 500 words) may be sent to email@example.com, including:
The key issue the project seeks to address;
The theory of change;
A brief explanation of how it aligns with the Foundation’s funding priorities.
Please ensure that the summary is in the email text itself, rather than attached to the email.
KR Foundation will respond as soon as possible and no later than 10 work days after having received the project summary. If the Foundation finds that the project may be eligible for funding, the applicant will be invited to submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI), as described below. Note: The Foundation only receives LOIs upon invitation.
NOTE: While there is no formal deadline for submitting the project summary, responses are not guaranteed for submissions made after 9 January 2019.
Please also note that KR Foundation will be closed from 22 December 2018 to 2 January 2019 (inclusive). Potential applicants are therefore advised to submit the project summary well before 22th, December.
● STEP 2: Letter of inquiry (LOI): Applicants invited to submit a LOI must do so using the template available in the Foundation’s online Grants Portal, Fluxx. Guidelines for submission are available here.
The deadline for submitting the LOI is 16th, January, 2019 at 13.00 CET
● STEP 3: Full proposal: Based on the Foundation’s review of the LOIs, a limited number of applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal for the Foundation’s final consideration. Guidelines for submitting full proposals are available here.
The deadline for submitting the full proposal is 18th, March, 2019 at 13.00 CET.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh