Funding brief: The application process for the 2019 Ashden Awards is now open. On 13 June 2019, 10 winners from around the world will receive a prize fund and global recognition for their achievements in increasing access to sustainable energy, promoting sustainable travel and helping build a low-carbon future.
In 2019 they will be awarding work that fits into the following categories and also meets the key criteria listed below. When completing your application please indicate the specific category/categories you feel are most relevant to your work. They will consider your application in categories other than the ones you have indicated if we feel they fit your work more closely.
● Sustainable Cities and Buildings: Organizations working in the built environment to rapidly decarbonize urban buildings and districts, including retrofitting existing buildings, as well as the design and construction of new buildings
● Sustainable Mobility: Innovative enterprises or programmes that are improving access to sustainable transport and mobility services for those who currently have inadequate access, and having a measurable impact on greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution or congestion
● Powering Business: They are looking for enterprises or programmes providing and/or using sustainable energy or energy efficiency in the provision of goods and services to produce income or value
● Clean Cooking: They are seeking organizations accelerating the uptake of cleaner and more efficient cooking solutions which reduce indoor air pollution, improve health and protect the environment
● Sustainable Energy & Healthcare: They are looking for organizations providing and/or using sustainable forms of energy to support the provision of healthcare services, including solutions for mobile, emergency and humanitarian contexts, cold-chain and other eco-system needs
● Cooling for People: They are looking for organizations that are delivering work that alleviates heat stress for those spending time outdoors in hot climates, whether for work or while travelling
● Financial or Business Model Innovation: They are looking for organizations or programmes improving access to energy through innovations in financial mechanisms and business models
Donor Name: Ashden
Funding name: Ashden Awards 2019
Deadline: 6th, November, 2018 at 11.59pm GMT.
Funding details link: Click to view
● Award of up to £20,000
● National and international media exposure
● Tailored support to develop your work even further
● Media materials to help you tell your story
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Businesses, NGOs, government organizations, and social enterprises (both for-profit and not-for-profit, including community groups) are all eligible. The paragraphs below explain where the work submitted must be happening for the different Awards.
To be shortlisted and win an Award, the applicant must:
● Have products or services currently available for customers, clients or beneficiaries. They do not reward pilot or demonstration projects.
● Be delivering, or helping to deliver, significant social and economic benefits to individuals, communities or businesses. For example, in the UK, urban or rural regeneration; improving working and living conditions; reducing fuel poverty; creating jobs and improving business practice; or improving energy security. In developing countries, they need to see evidence of benefits, for example in terms of quality of life, health and welfare, educational facilities, food security, improving livelihoods and creating job opportunities. Eligible organizations must demonstrate fair and equitable organizational practices, including working towards gender equality. Work must respect local culture and customs.
● Be delivering, or helping to deliver, demonstrable benefits to the environment. They need to see evidence of the energy generated or saved, greenhouse gas emissions avoided/mitigated and any other benefits.
● Show an innovative approach to sustainable energy. Many Award winners use established technologies, but there must be innovative aspects to the work as a whole. These could include innovative approaches to marketing and distribution; improved financing mechanisms, training and skills development; introducing a technology to a different country or region; innovative business models. Award-winning work must add something to what past winners have shown.
● Have the capacity to create significant impact. They are looking for winners that have the potential to create significant impact in terms of sustainability, and are willing to work with Ashden after winning an Award.
● Be working towards financial sustainability. They are looking for efficient use of funds and evidence that future funding is being sought, whether from sales, grants or any other source. Organizations can be for profit or not-for-profit.
● Be able to demonstrate capacity and commitment to make the use of sustainable energy more widespread. Award-winning organizations must demonstrate good governance and management, an established and continuing commitment to sustainable energy, and a willingness to work with partners, such as finance organizations and training providers.
● Be able to contribute to Ashden’s mission, which is to encourage the growth of sustainable energy systems to tackle climate change and bring social and economic benefits to millions.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh