Funding brief: The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
While open to students in any year of PhD study, a heavy emphasis on research and publication record for Facebook Fellowships favor students who are further along in their course of study. Applicants who are earlier in their career and fit the criteria of a minority group that is traditionally under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Research Areas: Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
Applied Statistics, AR/VR Photonics and Optics, CommAI, Computational Social Science, Computer Vision, Compute Storage and Efficiency, Distributed Systems, Economics and Computation, Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Networking and Connectivity, Programming Languages, Security/Privacy, Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification, UX/Instagram Well-being
Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
Donor Name: Facebook
Funding name: The Facebook Fellowship Program
Deadline: The Facebook Fellowship application is now open and closes on October, 12th, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Facebook Fellowship Award Includes
● Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
● $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
● Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
● Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: The award funds are delivered during the Fall term of the awarded year(s) and conclude at the end of the Spring semester.
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
● Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
● Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
● First or second year PhD students who fit the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Eligible Country: The fellowship is open to students at all universities both in the United States and in other countries.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
Apply: Click to view
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Applications Must Include
250-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh