Funding brief: The Doctors of the World Spain (Médicos del Mundo Espana) invites application for LUIS VALTUEÑA International Humanitarian Photography Competition.
Themes: The photographs must narrate or tell a story related to these topics: humanitarian action, international cooperation, social exclusion, human rights violations, armed conflicts, natural disasters, refugee and immigrant populations or socially excluded groups.
Photographs and format:
● Each participant will be allowed to submit a maximum of ten photographs, which can be different or part of a series. Only photos taken between January 1, 2017 and October 30, 2018, which have not been previously awarded, will be accepted. Photos must be submitted in digital format.
● Photographs must be sent in *JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 300 ppi/ppp, all high quality (12) compressed images with an Adobe RGB or SRGB color profile. The images must have a minimum size of 40 cms on their smallest side. The digital image’s original structure can only be manipulated through darkroom techniques such as adjusting the brightness, contrast and color, underexposure and overexposure. No other change to the original digital image will be allowed. Only single frame photos will be accepted. Photomontages and multiple exposures will be excluded from the competition. In case of doubt about a possible digital alteration of the image, beyond what is allowed in the conditions of entry, the organization reserves the right to request from participants to supply the original unretouched photo file as recorded by the camera, or a scanned copy of any unaltered negative or slide.
Donor Name: Doctors of the World Spain (Médicos del Mundo Espana)
Funding name: LUIS VALTUEÑA International Humanitarian Photography Competition
Deadline: The deadline for admission of the works will be 00.00 Spanish continental time since the publication of the rules and will end at 24.00 Spanish continental time on November, 9th, 2018.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The following unique prize will be awarded:
● The winner will receive a project grant of 6,000 euros (amount before tax, which depends on the winner’s nationality and situation) to develop a photography project composed of at least 50 photos and a 30 minute video shoot related to the work of MdM-Spain, whether in Spain or in other countries where the organization is undertaking humanitarian action or international cooperation programs. The winner together with MdM-Spain will define the objectives and the development of the project, taking into account common interests and the operative security conditions related to possible destinations. The amount of the grant should cover all expenses needed to develop the project. Once the project’s terms are settled, MdM-Spain will not demand an account of those expenses. The grant will be given in three parts: 50% after the judges’ decision, 25% when the project starts and the remaining 25% when the project concludes.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: The photo project will have to be finished before the December, 15th, 2019.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The competition is open to adult amateur and professional photographers of any nationality.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Form (Proposal): Click to view
How to apply: Photographs must be sent in *JPEG format via WeTransfer.
● The digital images must not bear any mark identifying the entrant. The images will be sent by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “XXII PREMIO LUIS VALTUEÑA + ENTRANT’S NAME AND SURNAME” Along with the photographs, entrants must ALWAYS submit a completed entry form downloadable from: http://www.medicosdelmundo.es/premioluisvaltuena/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Cuestionario-a-rellenar.doc. In compliance with Spanish Organic Law 15/1999 on the Protection of Personal Data and its complementary regulations, MdM-Spain advises that participants’ personal data sent with their application, including their email address, will be incorporated into a file for processing purposes, which remains the property of the association. The purpose of this data collection and processing is to facilitate the development of the competition and to enable us to contact you if you are one of the winners according to competition rules. If you wish, you can exercise your right to access, rectification, cancellation and opposition under the law by writing to: MdM-Spain, C/ Conde de Vilches nº 15, 28028 Madrid, Spain.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh