Funding brief: The Auckland Zoo Conservation Fund Small Grants Programme exists to help provide relatively small levels of funding for ongoing projects or pilot programmes with clear conservation value.
The Conservation Fund supports conservation efforts in the wild.
Funds are raised from visitor admissions and donations.
To date, the fund has raised over $2,000,000 to support a wide variety of conservation projects aligned with the work of Auckland Zoo.
They support our own staff to develop or utilize their specialist skills and participate in field conservation initiatives. These can be projects led by Auckland Zoo or by other conservation partners. On average, the Zoo spends approximately 11,000 hours working on around 40 projects around New Zealand and overseas to conserve wildlife and wild habitat.
They also provide financial resources for external organizations and individuals to carry out vital field conservation work in New Zealand and overseas.
Criteria: Project applications will score more highly during the selection process if they:
● Are likely to have a direct conservation impact
● Are collaborative and involve a local conservation organization
● Are logistically feasible, and fiscally and scientifically sound
● Include an assessment of how well the project achieved its conservation objectives
Donor Name: Auckland Zoo
Funding name: The Auckland Zoo Conservation Fund Small Grants
Deadline: Applications close on Sunday 30th, September, 2018.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Small grants will be awarded up to a maximum of NZD$5000. However, in most cases, successful grants will be in the region of NZD$2000 – $4000. The amount applied for through the programme should represent a minimum of 25% of the project’s overall budget.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Eligible projects must:
● Have a clear conservation value
● Be based in New Zealand or in a developing country (although applicants can be based anywhere in the world)
● Be aligned with the geographic or taxonomic scope of the current small grants round (if applicable). From time to time our Small Grants Programme is focussed on a particular region of the world (e.g the South Pacific) or a particular group of species (e.g. Invertebrates).
General items not considered eligible:
● Projects based in non-developing countries (except New Zealand)
● Projects not aligned with the geographic or taxonomic focus of the current round of grants (if applicable)
● Pure research (i.e. research projects must demonstrate applied benefit to conservation and/or target an identified conservation need)
● The applicatin’s attendance at a conference, seminar, workshop or meeting
● Specific examples of items not eligible within an application:
Thesis production costs
Social or networking functions
Fundraising or general income-growth purposes
Debt servicing or financial costs
Office equipment (unless an essential element in completing field work)
Internships and volunteer programmes (unless benefiting an identified conservation need.)
Eligible Country: Zoo staff established the Auckland Zoo Conservation Fund in 2000 to support conservation efforts in the wild, in New Zealand and overseas.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Form (Proposal): Click to view
How to apply: The application must be completed on the standard Auckland Zoo form and saved in Microsoft Word format
The application must be submitted electronically. Hard copy submissions are not accepted. All application materials must be attached to a single email sent to: email@example.com.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh