Funding brief: Positive Action for MSM & Transgender People aims to improve sexual health & wellbeing and advance social and economic justice for men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender people in resource-limited and hostile settings.
By doing so, we aim to build evidence that shows that community-level interventions which address HIV in combination with other holistic needs can significantly reduce new HIV infections, STI prevalence and AIDS-related mortality. To learn more about our approach, please read our Strategy Paper.
Our small grants programme is our flagship programme, committing a minimum of £1.25million each year to initiatives led by and focused on either MSM or transgender people.
Our second of two calls for community-led small grants proposals in 2018 is open between Monday, 3rd, September and Friday, 21st, September.
Projects led by communities and focusing on social drivers of HIV in resource-limited & hostile settings will be prioritized.
Education & economic empowerment, shelter & homelessness, mental health & wellbeing and human rights & social justice are our main focus.
Donor Name: ViiV Healthcare
Funding name: Positive Action for MSM & Transgender People
Deadline: 21th, September, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Grants of up to GBP £40,000 for two-year projects are available (with no more than £24,000 in any one year).
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: One year / Two Years
Eligible organization: As below
● Eligible organizations must be non-governmental and not-for-profit/charitable or have a social purpose. Community-based organizations (CBOs), nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), registered charitable/not-for-profit organizations and (in very specific circumstances) social enterprises may apply.
● They appreciate the difficulties LGBT-focused CBOs sometimes have in securing formal registration of their charitable organization. If this applies to you, you may wish to engage with another charitable organization with which you have a close working relationship and consider whether they can receive funds on your behalf (i.e. act as a ‘fiscal host’). If you do so, please complete the application form with your own organization’s details but provide details of the ‘fiscal host’ in response to ‘Are other partners involved in this project?’
● Given the importance of community leadership in sexual health and human rights programming, applications from organizations led by MSM or transgender people are prioritized. Organizations that are not led by MSM or transgender people may still apply however if the proposed project has a high degree of leadership by MSM or transgender people.
● The following areas are not eligible for funding: individuals, medical research, conferences or any retrospective funding. Additionally, they will not under any circumstances provide funding for antiretroviral (ARV) treatment of HIV patients, or purchase or prescribing of HIV prescription medication.
● They do not provide grants of more than 25% of an organization’s total revenue (income) during any given calendar year. This threshold is 50% for low income and low-middle income countries, and all other countries in sub-Saharan Africa. As our application window is open part-way through 2018, we use an organization’s 2017 revenue for the initial 25%/650% calculation. For example, if your organization had an income of £75,000 in 2017 and expects a 2018 income that is the same or higher, you would be eligible to apply for £25,000.
● A minimum of 85% (and ideally more than 85%) of the requested budget for your proposed project must be spent in the country in which the project is implemented.
● No more than 15% (and ideally less than 15%) should be allocated for indirect costs/overheads. These are defined as costs for general operations which cannot be directly attributed to your Positive Action project. Salaries for those directly involved in the project can be included in direct costs; employees with general roles not specific to this project should be included in indirect costs.
● Unfortunately, They only accept applications in English at this time. Organizations must also be able to converse in English throughout the project duration
● Latin America & the Caribbean: Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Gr., Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela.
● Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, DRC, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eq. Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
● Middle East, North Africa, Eastern Europe & Central Asia: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia Hz., Bulgaria, Comoros, Egypt, Estonia, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Jordon, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mauritania, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Turkey, U.A.E, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen.
● Asia-Pacific: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, North Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
A grant led by & focused on MSM: Click to view
A grant led by & focused on transgender & gender diverse people: Click to view
Guideline: Click to view
● About: Click to view
● Strategy Paper: Click to view
How to apply: All applications must be submitted via their online application system.
● To apply for a grant led by & focused on MSM, Click here.
● To apply for a grant led by & focused on transgender & gender diverse people, Click here.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh