Funding brief: Food loss occurs at each stage of the food value chain. Rabobank and our partners want to work with effective startups along the food value chain to promote the adoption of sustainable solutions and practices across the region.
● Scalability of Impact
● Strength of Business Model
● Robustness of Solution
Bonus Criteria: Positive impact on smallholder farmers
Have an existing tech-based solution that reduces food loss from farm to market in Asia? They want to hear from you!
Areas: Here are a few areas they would like to address:
● Agricultural Production and Farm Management: Increasing yields, reducing pests and diseases, enforcing best practices, etc.
● Quality Control: Real-time food quality monitoring, consistency of output, etc.
● Market Access: Connecting farmers to buyers, making middlemen more economical, etc.
● Logistics: Making storage, cooling, and transport more efficient, etc.
● Packaging and Preservation: Increasing the shelf life of food, maintaining food quality etc.
● Processing: Sorting more effectively, minimizing wastage, etc.
Donor Name: Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A., Singapore Branch (hereinafter referred to as “Rabobank”)
Funding name: Food Loss Challenge Asia
Deadline: 19th, September, 2018, Wednesday, at 2359 hours SGT.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The top 20 startup finalists stand to benefit from:
● Access to expertise and support: Let them learn about what your startup ambitions are, so that they can link you up with resources, connections and food and agriculture experts, to help bring your startup to the next level.
● Partnership opportunities: Supercharge your startup’s exposure to the industry! At both Pitch Day and the Finale, industry leaders and investors will be keen to know how they may possibly work with you to solve food loss!
● Travel grant: To ensure that the best startups get the most out of the programme, attendees for the Pitch Day and the Finale will be supported with a fixed travel grant to join them for the events in Singapore.
● Pitch day- top 5 finalist prize: US$1,000
● Finale- jury’s prize: US$15,000
● Finale- audience favourite: US$5,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● They are looking for immediate pilot opportunities with startups, which necessitates the participation of startups that are both product-ready and business-ready.
● Is your startup-
Addressing food loss from farm to market?
Ready with a product or solution?
Applicable to the Asian context?
Serious about scaling impact?
Eligible Country: Asia
Submission mail: Not found
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh