Funding brief: The PBNF helps the conservation of endangered species. If your project proposal is directed towards one or several endangered species, please make sure that you mention the scientific species name in your proposal, and please verify the IUCN Red List status of the species to make sure it is indeed vulnerable, endangered or critically endangered.
Donor Name: Prince Bernhard Nature Fund (PBNF)
Funding name: Prince Bernhard Nature Fund (PBNF)
Deadline: The next application deadline is on 1st, February, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The PBNF has lowered the grant size to US$ 20.000 or €20.000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To check your eligibility, please take note of the following main criteria
(1) The PBNF does not support individuals, only registered non-profits
(2) The PBNF aims to help save critically endangered flora and fauna. The urgency of your conservation case is directly related to the priority your project will receive. Therefore, always verify the conservation status of your focus species on the IUCN Red List. As a general rule of thumb, it can be said that you are eligible with a focus species that is at least classified as Vulnerable (VU), and receive a higher priority when the species is classified as Endangered (EN) or Critically Endangered (CR). If the focus species is Near Threatened (NT) or Least Concern (LC) you should not apply, or in case of doubt send an inquiry before applying.
(3) The PBNF always wants to see an applied component of the project. If your project is purely research-based, you are only eligible if you can make clear how your research results will lead to impact on the ground.
(4) Due to the limited nature of our funding, the Fund prefers to act as a catalyzer of larger initiatives, and link its project support as much as possible to larger themes and organizations.
(5) The PBNF favours smaller grassroots organisations over bigger international organisations.
(6) Other criteria include: Stakeholder involvement and local embedding of the project; An innovative approach; (Economic) sustainability of the project; Local capacity building. Having some co-funding secured is appreciated but not a must.
(7) The PBNF does not support projects that address too general or global threats such as climate change, deforestation, malnutrition, poverty etc. Also general development programs that for example aim to improve the quality of life in rural villages through economic or agricultural development are not eligible.
Eligible Country: Due to the small grant size, the PBNF prefers to support projects in developing countries, with a special focus on the tropical and subtropical regions of Africa, Asia and Latin America. If you are from a developed country you may still apply, but you will receive a lower priority and therefore have a lower chance for your project to be acknowledged.
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● PBNF is piloting a cooperation with the digital platform PIF world. Therefore, a required step of our application procedure is that you create a page on this platform. This doesn’t cost too much effort or time, if you go through all the steps of the application, your page will automatically be created. It’s free and easy to use. In the last step of the application procedure you can edit your page and add some pictures to make it look good. The goal of this is to create a community of species conservation organisations, funds and donors. Besides having a nice page to refer to, this platform gives you access and tools to connect to other people, apply for funds and give updates to your donors very easily. The platform is being built, so if you check back regularly you will see that new features get added every time. Upload a picture or share a story, we love to hear your updates! Start filling the application form by clicking on the “APPLY” button on the top of the page.
● Your application must be written in English only.
● Please double-check your budget before sending! Make sure the numbers add up. The budget should be in Euros (€) or US Dollars ($).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh