Funding brief: is an international prize which annually awards three prizes of US$ 1 million each for achievements having an outstanding scientific, technological, cultural or social impact on our world. Each year fields are chosen within the three Time Dimensions – Past, Present and Future.
The Dan David Prize recognizes and encourages innovative and interdisciplinary research that cuts across traditional boundaries and paradigms. It aims to foster universal values of excellence, creativity, justice, democracy, and progress and to promote the scientific, technological and humanistic achievements that advance and improve our world.
The Dan David Prize covers three time dimensions – Past, Present, and Future – that represent realms of human achievement. Each year the International Board chooses one field within each time dimension. Following a review process of individuals nominated for the Prize, by independent Review Committees comprised of renowned scholars and professionals, the International Board then chooses the laureates for each field.
● The Past refers to fields that expand knowledge of former times.
● The Present recognizes achievements that shape and enrich society today.
● The Future focuses on breakthroughs that hold great promise for improvement of our world.
Donor Name: The Dan David Prize
Funding name: The Dan David Prize
Deadline: 30th, November, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Three prizes of one million US dollars each are granted annually in the fields chosen for the three time dimensions. The prizes are granted to individuals or institutions with proven, exceptional, distinct excellence in the sciences, arts, humanities, public service, and business, that have made and continue to make an outstanding contribution to humanity on the basis of merit, without discrimination of gender, race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Nominees for the Dan David Prize may be individuals or organizations.
● The individual or institution being nominated has made a singular achievement or a series of achievements and continues to make a unique, profound contribution to humanity, on a global scale, in one of the selected fields for the year in which the nomination is being made.
● The Dan David Prize is granted according to merit, without discrimination based on gender, race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation.
● Winners in each selected field are chosen by the Dan David Prize Board, based on the recommendations of International Review Committees comprised of world-renowned experts in the relevant fields.
● The Dan David Prize Board may select more than one laureate for each field if their achievements are considered to be of equal merit and impact in the relevant field.
● Nominations must be submitted to the Dan David Prize in accordance with the Dan David Prize instructions, as detailed on the Dan David Prize Nomination Form.
● If a nominee is awarded the Dan David Prize, the right to this prize is not transferable.
● An individual or organization can only receive the Dan David Prize once for the same achievement and/or contribution.
● Self-nominations are not accepted.
● Prize winners are required to participate in the Award Ceremony and the Attendant Events.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● The Nomination Form and all documentation must be completed in English only.
● The following information/documentation is required for the completion of the Nomination Application process:
Personal and professional details.
Summary of nominee’s achievements.
Attachments (Supported formats: doc|rtf|docx|pdf, max size: 5MB)
A detailed description of the nominee’s work (1-2 pages), stipulating reasons why the nominee merits the Dan David Prize. Reference should be made to the importance of the work, its impact, and its projected influence in the relevant field.
A full Curriculum Vitae of the nominee or a detailed prospectus in case of an organization nominee.
A full list of the nominee’s publications.
A list of the nominee’s most relevant publications or projects.
A photograph of the nominee in electronic format. (300 dpi, copyright free, high-definition – jpg or tif /max size: 5MB)
Other relevant information
● Joint Nominations: For joint nominations, please submit TWO individual Nomination Forms, one for each nominee, in the following manner:
For each Nomination Form in the section entitled Details of Nominee, in the Last Name field, please enter the words “Joint Nomination”, followed by the last name of the nominee and the last name of the joint nominee. (Complete all other fields as required).
In the Summary of the Nominee Achievements field, please emphasize that this is a Joint Nomination.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh