Funding brief: As part of our commitment to supporting women with great leadership potential Toptal has established the Toptal Scholarships contest. These scholarships provide assistance to women from around the world to help empower them to follow their passion and become leaders. Subject to these Toptal Scholarships Official Rules, the selected recipients will receive US$10,000 and one year of one-on-one mentorship from a Toptal leader.
Toptal® is empowering the next generation of female leaders. If you want to change the world, they’ll help you to rise to achieve it.
● Women Change the World: This program is for ambitious women, 16 years or older, who are passionate about making some meaningful change for a community or cause they care about.
● Pursuing an Education: Brilliance and wisdom come in many forms. This program is open to women from all walks of life who are currently pursuing or aiming to pursue any type of education program.
● Creating Momentum Around the World: They are awarding one prize per region to current residents of Europe, the Americas, Africa, Asia, and Oceania. See below for application timelines.
● With an Idea — And a Plan: Entries will be judged on the originality of the idea, your plan for making it happen, and your passion for the cause it represents.
Donor Name: Toptal
Funding name: Toptal Scholarships for Women
● Africa: September, 13th, 2018,
● Oceania: October, 31st, 2018,
● Asia: November, 30th, 2018,
● Europe: January, 31st, 2019, and
● The Americas: March, 31st, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
● Each prize (that is, “award”) consists of (a) US$10,000 and (b) one (1) year of relevant mentorship by a Toptal-designated mentor, who will have experience relevant to the winning applicant’s goals and who works for or with Toptal (the mentorship component has a value of approximately US$5,000).
● The mentorship portion of each award will consist of at least forty (40) hours of remote mentorship via telephone or VoIP conversation, as determined by the mentor (the “Mentorship Program”).
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● All women, 16 and older, who have not previously been awarded a Toptal scholarship or grant. Please note that Toptal employees and freelancers, and their immediate families and households, are not eligible for the program. Please see the Official Rules for more detail.
● The Scholarships Program is only available to individuals who consistently live and identify as women, age 16 and older.
● This is an international Scholarship Program. However, you must be a legal resident or citizen of your country of residence to enter the Scholarship Program.
● You must apply to the region for which country you are a legal resident, as determined by the list in the appendix of this document. The Scholarship Program is not available to any resident or citizen of any country that prohibits the Scholarship Program or that is prohibited by U.S. law (e.g., the Crimea region of the Ukraine, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, or Syria). You may be asked to provide proof of residence, and any supporting documentation, in the interview stage of the application process.
● The Scholarship program is not available to any person listed on any of the following (or similar) lists: Specially Designated Nationals and Consolidated Sanctions Lists (maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of the Treasury); the Denied Persons, Entity, and Unverified Lists (maintained by the Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of Commerce); and the Consolidated List of sanctions designations by the United Nations, European Union and United Kingdom.
● Employees, clients, and contractors (including current talent engaged with or through Toptal) of Toptal, LLC as well as other companies involved in the conduct of this Scholarship Program, and any employees, members of the immediate families and households of any such employees and contractors of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter.
● Void where prohibited by law.
● Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland (Kingdom of Eswatini), Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zaire, Zambia, Zimbabwe
● Oceania: Australia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Flores, Kiribati, Lombok, Marshall Islands, Melanesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Guinea, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sulawesi, Sumbawa, Timor, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
● Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, East Timor, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
● Europe: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia (Russian Federation), San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
● The Americas: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Greenland, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, The Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply:
● Paint a picture for how you want to change the world after you complete your education. Formulate your plan for how you would accomplish this, and specify the type of mentorship that would make the biggest difference toward that outcome.
● Create Your Plan: A great idea deserves a solid plan. Think through how you would want to change the world after you complete your education and what type of skilled mentorship that would make the biggest difference toward making it happen.
● Write a Blog Post: Synthesize your vision and plan into a blog post of at least 1,000 words including an overview of what difference you want to make in the world and what resources you need to make it happen. Also, clarify why this change is needed and who will benefit.
● Submit an Application: Fill out the application by clicking “Apply Now“. Within your application, complete all required fields and be sure to include the link to your blog post where you overview your vision and plan.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh