Funding brief: The Obama Foundation Fellowship supports outstanding civic innovators – leaders who are working with their communities to create transformational change, addressing some of the world’s most pressing problems. The program selects 20 community-minded rising stars from around the world for a two-year, non-residential program, designed to amplify the impact of their work and inspire a wave of civic innovation.
Obama Foundation fellows are
● Civic innovators: Fellows are working alongside their communities to solve important public problems in creative and meaningful ways. Living out the Foundation’s values of Imagination and Fearlessness, Fellows are bringing bold ideas to bear on the most pressing problems we face. By engaging their communities in this work, they create stronger and more sustainable solutions.
● Discipline diverse: As organizers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, and more, Fellows illustrate the power of drawing upon diverse talents and approaches to drive meaningful change. The Fellowship provides a space for leaders across disciplines to learn from one another, ultimately making their own work more impactful.
● At a tipping point in their work: Fellows have already demonstrated direct and meaningful impact in their communities, gaining recognition among their peers for their contributions. Now, they stand at a breakthrough moment in their careers. They’re poised to use the Fellowship to significantly advance their work, perhaps by launching new platforms, expanding their footprint, establishing models that others can adopt, or shifting the national or global conversation on a topic.
● Talented, but not connected: The Foundation is committed to expanding the circle of opportunity to include new and varied voices. The Fellowship is designed to support leaders who have not already benefited from prestigious opportunities or global attention. They’re excited to lift up civic innovators who are not currently connected to the networks and resources they need to advance their work.
● Good humans: Fellows demonstrate the values of the Obama Foundation and are eager to participate in the Fellowship community now and in the future. By bringing strong personal values to the cohort, Fellows build an authentic, inclusive, and collaborative community that provides lasting value.
The Fellowship included the following-
● Guidance in developing a personalized Fellowship roadmap to help you get the most out of the program
● Ongoing skill-building and training courses tailored to your particular needs
● Individual coaching and mentoring to help you move your work forward
● Participation in a global cohort of leaders poised to change the civic engagement landscape
● Exposure to opportunities provided by other Foundation programming, such as mentorship roles and speaking engagements
● Participation in four gatherings (including economy airfare to/from the event, lodging, and all meals during the events)
Donor Name: The Obama Foundation
Funding name: The Obama Foundation Fellowship
Deadline: Applications for the 2019 Obama Foundation Fellowship opened Tuesday, August, 21st, 2018 at 10am Central Time and will close on Tuesday, September, 18th, 2018 at 10am Central Time.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The two-year, non-residential Obama Fellowship offers hands-on training, resources, and leadership development to help Fellows scale the impact of their work. Fellows participate in four multi-day gatherings where they collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward. Throughout the program, each Fellow pursues a personalized plan to leverage the Fellowship experience to take their work to the next level.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: The two-year, non-residential Obama Fellowship
Eligible organization: As below
● The Obama Foundation Fellows are a diverse set of leaders who bring a community-centered approach to science, criminal justice, healthcare, education, the arts, and more. Together they model the powerful truth that each of us has a role to play in civic life.
● They encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
● They select individuals, not groups or pairs, to participate in the program.
● They cannot choose applicants who are:
Current participants in other Obama Foundation programming
Candidates for a political office chosen through a partisan election, either now or during the Fellowship term
Working for 501(c)(4) or 501(c)(6) organizations
● For more information on our eligibility requirements, please participate in our Eligibility Quiz.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh