Funding brief: They invite photographers and other image makers from all disciplines to enter the Wellcome Photography Prize, which celebrates compelling imagery that captures stories of health, medicine and science.
Previously the Wellcome Image Awards, our newly re-launched competition will reward pictures that show the importance of health in society and the impact health issues have on people and communities worldwide.
They’re looking for entries that can captivate people with stories of science and medicine, and start conversations about some of the health challenges humanity faces today.
Whether you are a research scientist, a documentary or clinical photographer, an artist, or a photojournalist, this is a great opportunity for you to inspire people to think differently about health, medicine and life.
Categories There are four categories in the competition:
● Social perspectives – explore how health and illness affect the way we live
● Hidden worlds – reveal details hidden to the naked eye
● Medicine in focus – show health and healthcare up close and personal
● Outbreaks (2019 theme) – capture the impact of disease as it spreads.
The images shown in each category are to inspire you but are for illustration only. Your entry doesn’t necessarily need to be in a similar style or about a similar topic. We’re open to all perspectives.
Techniques: They are open to entries created with the following techniques, or any other you want to use:
● Photography (eg documentary, clinical, studio, still life)
● Close-up photography (eg photomacrography, macro photography, photomicrography)
● Microscopy (eg light, electron, super-resolution)
● Medical imaging (eg CT, PET, MRI, X-ray, ultrasound, thermography)
● New and emerging imaging technologies
● Data visualization
● Artistic media (eg illustration, 3D printing, sculpture, ceramics, mixed media).
Some image-making techniques will be better suited to particular categories, but however you create your entry it’s up to you to choose which category fits it best.
Donor Name: Wellcome
Funding name: Photography Prize 2019
Deadline: 17th, December, 2018 at 23:59 (GMT)
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The winner of each category will receive £1,250, with the overall winner receiving a prize of £15,000. Prizes will be presented at an awards ceremony in London on 3 July 2019.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● They invite photographers and other image makers from all disciplines to enter the Wellcome Photography Prize, which celebrates compelling imagery that captures stories of health, medicine and science.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh