Funding brief: The UNWTO Awards aim to acknowledge the contribution of institutions – public, private or NGOs – to competitive and sustainable tourism development at the local, national, regional and international levels.
The contribution of the awardees is in line with the Global Code of Ethics for Tourism and the principles and Sustainable Development Goals.
Categories: There are four categories of Awards for specific tourism initiatives:
● UNWTO Award in Public Policy and Governance
● UNWTO Award in Enterprises
● UNWTO Award in Non-Governmental Organizations
● UNWTO Ethics Award for signatories of the Private Sector Commitment to the Code of Ethics
Criteria: The UNWTO Awards merit distinction for the significant contribution of tourism initiatives which are both competitive and sustainable. Candidates shall have been highly inspirational and have made a significant impact on the tourism sector which can be replicated.
● UNWTO Award in Public Policy and Governance: An initiative is highly innovative and managed by a public or public-private institution that reflects tangible and sustainable improvements in policy, processes, and governance. It works towards an inclusive model of tourism governance which involves diverse tourism stakeholders.
● UNWTO Award in Enterprises: An initiative presented by an enterprise that operates projects or offers products or services that are innovative in the tourism field. This innovation could be demonstrated through environmentally-friendly applications, social corporate responsibility engagement and other innovative contributions.
● UNWTO Award in Non-Governmental Organizations: An initiative managed by a non-governmental organization with a clear non-profit scope using grassroots, partnership, governance, and/or civil society actions as key factors for its achievements. The initiative is original and inspiring in its nature, objectives, resource management and results, highlighting tourism as a strategic tool for balanced and sustainable development in economic, social and/or environmental aspects.
Donor Name: The United Nation World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
Funding name: 15 UNWTO Awards
Deadline: 31st, October, 2018 at 23:59 Central European Time
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The UNWTO Awards will take the form of a trophy or a medal which will be accompanied by a certificate. No financial compensation will be given in connection with the Awards
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Applications for the UNWTO Awards can be made by any institution whose accomplishments are related to the tourism sector. The UNWTO Awards are not open for individual application.
● The submitted initiatives are expected to have attained a certain degree of implementation to demonstrate its effectiveness. Non implemented initiatives shall not be considered.
● Both current and former staff members of the UNWTO shall be ineligible to submit an application or receive the UNWTO Awards. Nor shall be considered initiatives which have or have had UNWTO´s participation in their design and/or implementation.
● Organizations are advised to present one initiative per year. Previously awarded initiatives without any further development will not be considered.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● English is the working language of the UNWTO Awards; therefore, all documents shall be submitted in English. Exceptionally, the UNWTO will accept support and recommendation letters in languages other than English provided they are accompanied by an English translation, whose content shall prevail in the event of discrepancy with the original. The applicant is responsible for collecting, translating and sending the recommendation letters along with the application form. The UNWTO will only contact the referees for matters related to the application if deemed necessary.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh