Funding brief: The purpose of the competition is to collect, select and reward digital projects (hereinafter “Projects”) offering innovative products and services to displaced people.
Competition themes: The projects presented as part of the competition must offer innovative digital solutions addressing one or more issues that displaced people are confronted with.
The organizers have identified the following five themes-
● Access to rights and information;
● Social inclusion
Each of the organization must submit exclusively into one of the 5 themes above.
Criteria: The pre-selection phase of the projects submitted to the jury’s notes and the online public votes will be based on the relevance and completeness of the applications submitted as well as on the consideration of the Techfugees 8 Guiding Principles. Only tech product or service for displaced people at a minimum development stage of Minimum Viable Product (ie demonstrating a long-term structured vision and functional prototype to embody this vision) will be eligible.
Then, to determine the 25 finalist projects, the jurors will evaluate (non-exhaustive list):
● Taking into account the context and ecosystem in which the proposed #tech4refugees project is developed;
● The definition of the problem that it proposes to contribute to solve;
● The relevance of the proposed solution;
● The impact and key performance indicators to evaluate it;
● The possibility of scaling;
● The business model and economic viability;
● The vision of the project in the future and the road map to achieve it.
Donor Name: Techfugees
Funding name: The Techfugees Global Challenges 2018
Deadline: 2nd, September, 2018 at mid night (CET)
Funding details link: Click to view
● The 25 selected projects for the grand finale in Paris will be given a pitching opportunity on stage at the Techfugees Global Summit in Paris, October 25th and 26th!
● Two airline tickets (on Air France flights thanks to our partnership with the company) and two entry tickets for the Summit will be offered to each finalist project team. It will be a unique opportunity to meet the best and most experienced #tech4refugees innovators as well as inspiring speakers, Techfugees partners and enjoy the visibility of this great international event.
● The five winners of the Techfugees Global Challenges will also benefit from one-year personalized support from Techfugees and its incredible community!
● Within its network in 25 countries, Techfugees will be able to connect the winners with relevant jury members, partners and funders, introduce them to tech-related events and boost their online visibility with its network of more than 18,000 techies.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Eligible projects will only be eligible the projects that abide all of the following-
● Fit one of the five themes above
● Technology is an essential mean by which the proposed product or service can be delivered;
● Main beneficiaries are displaced people;
● The project is at the MVP (minimum viable product) stage of development, i.e. demonstrating a structured long-term vision and a functional prototype to embody this vision
● Takes into account the Techfugees 8 guiding principles: https://techfugees.com/techfugees-guiding-principles/
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh