Funding brief: YOUAccess, a multiple donor fund, provides flexible funding that allows for risk-taking and a platform for youth and adolescent ownership of projects. Grant awardees contribute to building sexual and reproductive health and rights champions among policymakers, leaders, organizations, and individuals at national, district, and community levels. The fund offers an opportunity for innovative project development, knowledge sharing, and evidence-building to meet youth contraceptive needs.
YOUAccess is a fund that supports youth-led organizations to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights in the Global South. Adolescent and youth participation is critical to improving sexual and reproductive health outcomes and realizing global initiatives such as Family Planning 2020 (FP2020)—in particular, goals and commitments that relate specifically to adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health (AYSRH). To support the achievement of FP2020 country commitments, PAI will support youth-led organizations to hold their governments accountable for youth and adolescent-related FP2020 commitments. PAI is seeking proposals from youth-led organizations and coalitions in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia and Nepal to identify advocacy activities to hold their government accountable. Organizations that are not youth-led but that have youth and adolescent work that is led by a youth or adolescent employee will also be considered.
Expectations of Fund Recipients
● Contribute to building youth family planning champions among policy makers, community leaders and members, and organizations at national, district and community levels.
● Document project progress- achievements, setbacks, unexpected outcomes, and any change in project direction.
● Share project results with PAI, other adolescent/youth sexual and reproductive health organizations and relevant organizations to your project.
● Maintain regular email and Skype communications with Fund managers at PAI
● Ability to travel internationally for YOUAccess meetings. Additional funding will be provided for these convenings.
Donor Name: PAI
Funding name: YOUAccess fund
Deadline: Friday, August, 17th, 2018 at 5:00PM
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Each grant will be a maximum of $5,000 USD and be awarded in September 2018 for a grant period of three months.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The grant will support organizations to create a one-year plan that identifies activities and milestones leading to policy advocacy that is locally driven and strategic. Following the initial three-month period, organizations will be invited to submit the one-year plan to be funded by PAI.
Eligible organization: As below
● Youth-led organizations or coalitions in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, and Nepal. Organizations that are not youth led but that have youth and adolescent work that is led by a youth or adolescent employee will also be considered.
● Leaders of the organization or project managers must be under 30 years old.
● Demonstrated institutional commitment to youth access to and use of contraception.
● Current or past projects relevant to youth family planning policy or funding advocacy.
● Dedicated bank account in organization’s name to receive funds, or a fiscal sponsor that meets this criterion.
Eligible Country: Grants will be awarded to youth-led organizations or coalitions in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia and Nepal.
Submission mail: email@example.com
How to apply: To be considered, a complete application must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Responses to the application questions regarding
● organizational information and structure;
● description of organizational activities and proposed work;
● financial information; and
● Two letters of reference from external colleagues that can speak about the work of the organization. References can be former staff members, partner organizations or donors;
● Project budget and narrative (please use attached template);
● The organization’s year-end financial statement for the previous fiscal year. This should include the balance sheet and the revenue and expense statement;
● The organization’s budget for the current fiscal year; and
● The organization’s certificate of registration or incorporation.
● All applications must be written in English, and all budget figures should be in the local currency and USD. Be sure to specify the exchange rate and date of exchange rate being used.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh