Funding brief: Is your organization a company, public institution, NGO or knowledge institution? And do you want to cooperate in a public-private partnership in order to contribute to sustainable development goals (SDGs) in developing countries? If so, then your project can receive support from the SDGP.
With the SDG Partnership facility (SDGP), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) as the executor, aims to help achieve various sustainable development goals in developing countries:
● SDG 2 (ending hunger)
● SDG 8 (decent jobs and economic growth)
● SDG 17 (partnerships for the goals)
These are key goals which cannot be solved by one party. That is why the SDGP works with partnerships between government, businesses, NGOs and/or knowledge centres. Combining the expertise of these parties is essential for finding innovative solutions to complex challenges. Partnerships are capable of aligning interests and bridging differences so that major steps can be taken towards attaining the SDGs.
SDGP focus areas: The SDGP programme is a far-reaching facility. A major part of the SDGP are the subsidy tenders. The first tender is aimed at stimulating private sector development and improving food security in developing countries through public-private partnerships (PPPs).
Projects contribute to one of more of the following focus areas:
● Creating better labour conditions and efficient working procedures (better work and income as well as increased production);
● Reducing malnutrition;
● Promoting economic growth in the agricultural and fisheries sector;
● Creating sustainable and ecologically sound food chains;
● Increasing private investments in developing countries.
The SDGP programme consists of three consecutive phases:
● Project development – You send in your project idea (Concept note). You will then receive follow-up advice from an RVO advisor on your project idea.
● Subsidy application– You submit your project proposal together with the subsidy application, after which we will assess your application.
● Implementation and follow-up– After an official approval, you may carry out the project with the support of RVO.nl.
Support throughout the programme: As part of the SDGP programme, they can assign projects to third parties to support it. The objective of the support is to increase the impact of the SDGP and the sharing of knowledge. The projects are characterised by their beneficial qualities for the general good.
Donor Name: Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl)
Funding name: No specific fund name
● Submit your Concept note before 1st, October, 2018 by email: sdgp@RVO.nl. You will find the format on this page, under Downloads.
● Submit your Subsidy application for the first tender from 16th, November, 2018 until 17th, December, 2018, 15:00 (CET). Formats will be made available at a later stage.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The available budget for the first opening call is €35 million. You can apply for a subsidy of at least €500,000 and at most €3 million per project.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Participation requirements: In the first call, PPPs can submit project proposals with one of the following themes:
Efficient value chains
Circular economy – agri-sector
Better work and income for youth and women
Then we will compare the proposals within each theme.
● Partners: Your PPP must consist of a maximum of 6 partners and include one 1 Dutch organisation, 1 local organisation, 1 NGO or knowledge institution, 1 company and 1 government organisation. A local government organisation is preferred.
Eligible Country: The SGDP programme is open to activities in the countries included in the SDGP country list. This list can be found in Annex 2 of the official announcement of this programme in the Government Gazette.
Submission mail: sdgp@RVO.nl
How to apply: Submit your Concept note by email: sdgp@RVO.nl.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh