Funding brief: IEEE Empower a Billion Lives is a global competition aimed at fostering innovation to develop solutions to electricity access. Solutions are expected to be scalable, regionally relevant, holistic, and leverage 21st century technologies with exponentially declining prices.
The IEEE Empower a Billion Lives competition is agnostic to energy sources, technologies, and business models. Solutions will be evaluated on both their technical innovation and business viability to rapidly and sustainably scale to one billion customers.
The competition is organized by IEEE, an all-volunteer organization whose goal is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
Donor Name: The Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Funding name: IEEE Empower a Billion Lives competition
Deadline: 31st, August, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
● Learning opportunity: Learn about one of the most pressing issues facing humanity from experts in the field
● Huge untapped market potential: A market of 1.1 billion unserved people is one of the largest market opportunities today
● Exposure: Winners of the regional rounds and the global round will be featured on press releases, social media, and various media outlets
● Networking: Participate in banquets and other social events with participants active in the sector
● Sponsored field pilot: Winners of the regional round will be provided enough funding to complete a 2-month long field pilot
● Significant Prize Monies: Amongst the regional rounds and global final winners a maximum $1 Million dollar prize purse will be distributed
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● The competition is completely open to all, including student groups, small- and medium-sized companies, research labs, international corporations, and non-profit organizations.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh