Funding brief: The Martín-Baró Fund has a strong preference for projects which are developing innovative and progressive ways to deal with the mental health consequences of violence and political repression. Applicants should understand that they do not view mental health and human rights as issues which can be addressed separately, but are seeking to fund activities which explore the links between them.
You can get a better idea of our interests by visiting some of the other pages on this website. They particularly urge you to read our Mission Statement, and to look at the descriptions of some of the projects they have funded in the past. Please also keep in mind that they usually fund only six to eight projects per year.
Donor Name: The Martín-Baró Fund
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: 1st, September, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Grants are usually no more than US $7,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Other factors which applicants should consider are:
● They prefer to support grassroots, community-based projects which focus on the needs and concerns of the community as well as of the individual.
● They are especially interested in supporting groups located in regions harmed by U.S. policies and/or addressing problems created or aggravated by those policies.
● They prefer to fund projects where our support will make a significant difference.
● Almost all of the projects they fund are outside the United States.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● About: Click to view
How to apply: To Submit an Application for 2018
● Existing Projects: If you received a grant from the Ignacio Martín-Baró Fund within the past two years, you will be contacted by your Contact Person or another member of the Program Committee.
● New Projects: If you have never been funded by the Ignacio Martín-Baró Fund before, or not during the past three years, please note the following procedures:
Send us a 1-2 page letter of interest after May, 1st and before September, 1st, 2018. Your letter should include the following:
● A brief description of the mental health and human rights issues your proposed project seeks to address
● How your proposed project will address these issues (be as specific as possible within the page limitations).
● If applicable, include the annual budget for your organization. If your organization is part of a larger parent organization, please give an estimate of its annual budget as well.
● Please be sure to include complete contact information including an email address. If they need additional information or clarification, one of our members will contact you after we receive your letter.
● You may submit your letter by regular mail to the address below, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will send confirmation that your letter has been received via email. Ignacio Martín-Baró Fund, Post Office Box 302122, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130, U.S.A.
● Unfortunately, they can accept proposals in English or in Spanish only.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh