Funding brief: The Mahathir Science Award is bestowed on any scientists, institutions or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology and to be awarded to the most deserving based on merit.
This award will be given to researchers who have made internationally recognized breakthroughs in pioneering tropical research in the following fields:
● Tropical Agriculture
● Tropical Architecture and Engineering
● Tropical Medicine
● Tropical Natural Resources
● To bestow on scientists, institutions or organizations worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems of the tropics through science and technology; to confer the award to researchers who have made internationally recognized breakthroughs in pioneering tropical research and who have contributed cutting edge tropical research that have brought impact on the well-being of society in the fields of Tropical Medicine, Tropical Agriculture, Tropical Architecture and Engineering and Tropical Natural Resources.
● To uplift the stature of the science award to be as one of the prominent international science award, and to oversee the selection process for such a science award.
● To encourage excellence in tropical science research that will accord direct benefits to countries in the tropics and the global community; to contribute towards scientific tropical research that will benefit mankind, promote international exchange programmes, sharing of knowledge, and other business development through scientific activities in connection with the foregoing objectives.
● Significant research & studies contributing to new knowledge in solving problems in tropics
● Demonstrable evidence of significant socio and societal impact
● Contribution to policy and governance leading to sustainable improvement to quality of life
● National, regional and international recognition (to consider whether same work nominated has been previously awarded)
● H-index or equivalent
Donor Name: Mahathir Science Award Foundation
Funding name: Mahathir Science Award
Deadline: 31st, October, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: One award will be conferred each year covering any of the four fields. The award carries a cash prize of USD 100,000.00, a gold medal and a certificate.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Any individual or organization can nominate for the award. However, this individual or organization cannot self-nominate themselves.
● This award bestowed on any scientists, institution or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology and to be awarded to the most deserving based on merit.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Form (Proposal):
PDF version – Individual: Click to view
PDF version – Group: Click to view
PDF version – Organization: Click to view
Word document version – Individual: Click to view
Word document version – Group: Click to view
Word document version – Organization: Click to view
● About: Click to view
How to apply: Please do not fax, but mail/e-mail the completed nomination form and supplemental materials, postmarked by 31st, October, 2018 to: MSA Secretariat, MAHATHIR SCIENCE AWARD FOUNDATION (MSAF), c/o Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM), 20th Floor, West Wing MATRADE Tower, Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah, Off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, T: +603 6203 0633 , F: +603 6203 0634, Contact Person: Syazwani Ramli, E: email@example.com
Documents for nomination:
● Nomination form
● Recent photograph (in high-resolution, not less than 1MB)
● Curriculum vitae
● List of honors and awards (list only professional honors and awards which are conferred. Do not list membership of professional society which is obtained by application)
● List of product/services commercialized
● List of publications and patent (granted or pending)
● Letter of referral (at least two (2) letters of referral to support the nomination)
● Supporting document (newspaper clipping, media announcement, etc)
● It is essential that the nominator attaches to this form all background information about the nominee and his/ her contribution that merits consideration for this award including newspaper and magazine articles, letters of recommendation etc. SELF NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh